I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Fed-Kun's army
i fucking browsed the comments section to be greeted with not only homophobia but also transphobia. yall why are u reading yuri if u guys cant handle lgbt themes??? also why do u guys hate trans people so much lmfao what's in their pants isnt any of ur fucking business bro. didnt even realize rei was referring to trans people when she said "no actually, the gender of the person matters" i thought she was referring to those losers who try to push themselves on lesbians to try and "turn them straight" cause they think gays believe in that "a person's gender doesnt matter as long as u love them" shit.

it's important to recognize that in homosexual love, you're exclusively attracted to one gender so that "gender doesnt matter" bullshit doesnt get applied onto homosexual communities (the saying may however be true for pansexual or bisexual people) bc it can lead to shitty situations like the one mentioned above.

idk where tf yall got the trans thing from but trasphobes'll keep reaching to push their agenda ig 🙄🙄🙄🙄

@jouyato
Well, in this specific instance, it was actually an honest mistake on the TL's part. Not that the source isn't trans-positive, of course. It's just that here, that wasn't the exact issue being discussed.

Group Leader
@jouyato the trans comments come from an earlier draft i posted where i translated Rei's line about gender not mattering to sex not mattering while gender does. GoggledAnon pointed out i read the original line wrong so I updated the translation and suddenly people think i tried to push an agenda and got caught red-handed

If some(most) of you are already "triggered" on what happened in this chapter, then expect more of this to come since the manga is nearing the seriousness. More topics and issues in the real world will be discussed. Rei's student life(I cried a bit on this), and many more. They will also tackle heavy politics and issues..

Now I see why this comment section in this ch is blowing up

Ah and also my reaction over this ch as a person who has been catching up to the latest ch in WN, where things starting to get weirder...

AHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE BOTH OF REIxCLAIRE SHIP IS PRATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE?

Edit: i mean the WN

Dex-chan lover
homophobiapic.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Je_ez
ive never seen someone post something as problematic as what you just did, please do not ever @ me again.
If you really are gonna be a homophobe and hate on this manga, i dont want to hear it..

@Kabeidon A normal person wouldn't get annoyed by that. You're the abnormal one here. Funny how you go into a yuri series and complain about "SJWs". Wtf? If you're not trolling, you need to reevaluate life.

Double-page supporter
the fire in this thread is too much, im just trying to enjoy some good o'l yuri

Just gonna say I agree with comments that express appreciations for this chapter (and manga as a whole) for covering the lgbt topics in a relatable way (in general for lgbt communities).

As wholesome but bittersweet as this chapter is, it's definitely dishertening but not surprising to see some negative comments, unfortunately.

Even if lgbt people and allies or even just average neutral people just there want to enjoy and appreciate the relatable and supportive contents made by lgbt creators, the disapproving ones constantly associate negativity like religious moral standards to the lgbt people or invalidate/trivialize their experiences and voices with the fake open-mindedness fake neutral stance of "I don't care but they are nuisance/annoyance to me by making efforts to be accepted by the society as equal members. I'm aware that discriminations and shittier things happen to them in real life contributing to youth bullying, high suicide rates, mental health issues, susbtance abuse etc that ideally could have been avoided but why do they have to so political when they can just shut up like how I tell them to and just don't fight for their rights with movements etc. I'm so priviledged and my area is already good enough for me including them but still they are so 'greedy' even though I'm also aware that there are still many places around the world that would ostracize or even criminalize/kill them, like hey don't fight back don't love yourself don't do anything to improve your life just stay invisible and non-existent in My reality when you're oppressed because you're not me, fk minority haha am I right?". Sigh, the mental and emotional exhaustion of constantly having to convince oneself to feel valid and positive in one's self-worth, identity/existence, and life to have some peace as respected equal members of the society in the world that actually doesn't belong to anybody regardless of race, nationality or religion.

Anyway, kudos to the author and thanks to the scanlation team(s). And hi guys who made positive comments I appreciate you guys too.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like people don't get enough drama in yuri mangas, they also have to create one in the comments... my god...
Can't you guys just appreciate the manga and Nyashi's work peacefully??

Anyway, thank you for your work @Nyashi !

Users who are viewing this thread