I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Are we finally past the days of truck-kun? Seeing a lot of creative isekai deaths lately...

Truck-sama still on vacation so the god give everyone new way to got isekaid
example : got killed by ur own father

Dex-chan lover
Dare I say that everyone is afraid of the protag because she's 'Black'? Dohohohoho

Aggregator gang
siiiiighhhh*** rolls eye**
ok fine.... followed
its soooo cliche from start to finish that I just skipped bubbles of text that probably got ripped from somewhere else.
that was the fastest (skim) read lol

Dex-chan lover
I wonder, if Dark magic users have a spirit constantly telling them to harm others, does that mean Light magic users have a spirit constantly telling them to heal others? What about fire magic users, a spirit telling them to solve all their problems with fire?

Dex-chan lover
God I love Villainess protagonist tropes.

Thanks for the translation~

Contributor
That is a tragic death there. And also, I feel bad for the original villainess. She was treated like THIS all her life and it seems like she was just a nuisance towards the heroine at most

i like how her past life actually relates to how she cant smile and communicate normally in her current life

Maybe it’s cause I mainly read shoujo/high school romances as well as most dark-skinned characters in Isekai are usually the tomboy/super strong/self sufficient, or like, assasin villainess types. But this (seems) like it will be a more “tasteful” depiction of a “normal” dark-skinned girl in manga, sure it’s mainly because she was just a neglected, “normal”, Japanese child from her former world, but it’s still refreshing to have a “normal” dark-skinned girl for once: I.E she’s just an anime girl, but dark-skinned.

Edit: I know, it’s manga, depictions of anyone not Japanese will be quite stereotypical (and even communities within japan are still often portrayed stereotypically) which is fair enough, it’s a product made purely for the Japanese market. But it’s still nice whenever the writer tones down the stereotypes and just tries to make a good character who just happens to have a different skin tone.

Fed-Kun's army
at this point se should start taking fencing lessons.
you know, just in case.

Double-page supporter
Yikes, that got real very quick. Poor Truck-kun is overworked and can't safely send every isekai protagonist over.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, darkest start to an isekai I've ever seen.

I'm surprised how common these "reincarnated as a character in a novel I was reading, who's a villain, so I must now try to break that path". Nearly every female lead isekai I can think of, in fact, which admittedly are the minority of isekais, sadly.

I guess this one seems okay so far, darkness king dude is hot anyways.

Double-page supporter
Her skin is supposed to be dark, but it looks pretty light on the cover. Is that actually a plot point? It would be kind of shit to "fix" her skin color instead of actually fixing the attitude of the people that make a big deal out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread