I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

I. Hate. That the Spirit Kings are visible to everyone that besides their personal chosen. I hate that they can have direct conversations. I hate that these god like entities are being relegated to imaginary friends that answer their devotees beck and call at a whim. The interaction with everyone besides the people with their blessing and people with at least the blessing of other spirit kings is incredibly irritating from a story telling point of view and really water downs their mysticism.

You could've had Claudia's older brother, Liam, be the one to see what happened and trash the maid and mother for bad mouthing his little sister.

You could just give Claudia genuine powers that she has to master on her own besides telling Gerald to fix the problems she finds herself in.

You could've made the relationship she has with the Dark Spirit King that much more personal while leaving her with the difficulty of trying to explain to other people that her Guardian Diety isn't going to redestroy the country a second time. As is, if you're leaving a bait and twist where the whole point is that the Dark Spirit King is misunderstood, there's zero reason why Claudia can't just have him appear and hold a discussion with people to explain his side of the story. I'm not saying that particular scene would work flawlessly, it'd be interesting and broken at the same time, but, it would also be the logical jump with the rules you applied.

Hell, with the rules and settings I'm giving, you could even have the Wind Spirit King whisper into the father's ear that his son is telling the truth when Liam stands up for Claudia. Who knows, maybe you'll do it in the next chapter sense these Spirit Kings are on Speed Dial, but the mysticism could've been seriously improved by simply NOT showing the magic source.

Edit: @FrostBlood

Yes they can and I hate it.

Dex-chan lover
"It's wasn't the power that was evil, but the man who wielded it." Actually he wasn't bad either, it was the assholes who decided he was to strong to have around and drove him to suicide.

Aggregator gang
Bruh how are they not gonna fire that stupid maid for lying like that?

These disgusting people had another child??!?!? Good for them, they got a "replacement child"....

This doesn't hurt me .... at all
that last panel has the same energy as

c'mon girl, stahp lying to yourself! It hurts, and its okay to show it! I get that you've been neglected for two childhoods, but this time you have a constant companion who loves you and cherishes you (Gerald, which I will reiterate is a really bizarre name for a Japanese teen to choose. The Dark Spirit King is named Jerry....)

One thing I don't understand about some of the "reincarnated into an otome as the villainess" stories that start in childhood is how the mc gets obsessed with avoiding the bad end by trying to completely change their circumstances, when (unless the heroine is also reincarnated) it is really just as simple as not acting like a villainess

@abyssal14 they aren't exactly disgusting, the prejudice seems real and extreme and imagine, she could have treated like squibs in Harry Potter before the 1900s (either murdered by their family or abandoned to muggles)

The mom is trash and the dad is trash for allowing this. Like if you’re so afraid of her wouldn’t you want her to be treated well so she doesn’t have a reason to become “evil”

i like gerald's calling them out. if anything after poor claudia he'd be the most upset by this, on account of having seen this play out before with his first master

Users who are viewing this thread