I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@MeiraEve and @Natoto I cant understand it too, because it is a great contrast
how the treatment will change just because of the color of her skin.
It is more of a statement and showing how it is, but all who see racism in there are the ones who never tried thinking about it and are just SJW style blaming. But people became even dumber than in the past and everything that isnt spoken/written in their face with permanent marker and surrounded by mirrors will never get to their brains.

There is no indication that the author says that black people are bad or anything. Anyone who sees in statements and such stories (which show how people act differently just based on such stupid things) something racist are hypocrits at best and racist themselves at worst.

Instead of clearly discussing about the people in the manga they just blame the author for showing a sad truth. Its like blaming the news-reporter for showing inhuman things, that he is supporting that himself. .... utterly stupid

Ehh, i think light spirit king is guy 😂😂
Not because there is word king, but you know in the cover, man with silver haired....
Anyway this this heroine is stupid
Thank you!!

Dex-chan lover
One thing i learn from this....
When seeing a girl, all i have to do was put flowers around my head so they will blush like MC

Fed-Kun's army
@Dragou
That might be true, but just like i said, in the end it's up to the reader how to interpret the scene.

But i myself find it kind of bothering that, just like you say,
treatment by other people can change just like your skin color.
And that's exactly what people find racist, because you shouldn't treat people based on "That".
Although I'm not sure whether it's racism or not because she's an individual and not a "race". 😅
There's also the fact about Asian standard of beauty and although it isn't obvious, they do low key treat us differently based on that. Lol

Wait...when did this battle happen? Or was it so insignificant that my brain didnt even bother to remember it?

Dex-chan lover
@MeiraEve but this story is merely showing us that, because even if people deny it, it still happens. The problem is that she is the only on in this country with this skin color. Therefore saying that this story which merely shows it makes it directly garbage und the author a racist. Thats just stupid and btw it is meant to bother you. That is one point of the story. Naturally you can interpret it a bit different but directly acting like the people in this comments isnt interpreting anymore. This here is closer to a witchhunt.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine going so huge brained that you call someone a murderer for helping soldiers as a way to try to get those soldiers to agree with you.

Fed-Kun's army
@newboi
It's... Just around 1 or 2 chapters ago..... Lol XD

@Dragou
I agree on the part calling this story garbage just because of this scene is too much. After all, the rest of the story i think is still ok. And at least i think i can't really call the author racist either since it's kind of Japanese subtle act to unconsciously "not be different".
But just like you said, if this is actually meant to make us bothered, then it did its job splendidly, lol. And the people who were mad about it are people who got really bothered, i guess. XD

@dragou @meriaeve
while the story is not racist, since the MC does not happen to be a different race, it is colorist. Difference being that racism is discrimination based off someone's race/ ethnicity, and colorism is discrimination based off of someone's skin color. The second is mostly in relation to people who come from the race but have different skin tones, i.e. preference of lighter-toned black people, than those who are darker.

In the case of this story, while I do believe it is possible that they are colorist, I believe that it's more likely that there was some external pressure to make the protagonist white since most asian cultures seem to have a preference to lighter skin color.

Fuck this kill the problematic "heroine" I always have a very short temper for monarchs that have no issue making thought decisions (like sending a freaking child to the battlefield) but can never seem to do something useful with their authority - you say prison and she turns around and keeps babbling? Time to some head rolls my dude.

Also if a whitewashing really happens not sure if I will keep reading... honestly is already so hard to find good Japanese fantasy/isekai so sucks that this one will play out like this.

Dex-chan lover
I skipped all that bickering from the heroine. Too autistic (sorry autistic people) for me

@Chaeden oh, good point. I guess I agree, I mostly wrote my first comment after reading some bad mangas with this situation that wasn't done carefully, so I got a bit annoyed at this one, lol.

I do have to say that I can enjoy it as well under some instances as you mentioned; there's a beautiful Korean novel about a family who was always labeled as the villains, and the protagonist was the evilest woman of the kingdom and the cruel mastermind behind everything that went south in the story as well, so our MC reborn into that body after reading that novel as well, so she decides to go and try to change the past, but her ending as a villainess with a villain family doesn't change at all, because she finally understands that her family and she suffered unforgivable things that can't be undone, but ofc many other things indeed changed.

I agree with u, as long as it makes sense I'm fine with it, but idk what's happening with this manga that somehow is making me struggl., lol.

Tnksfor tagging me, btw~ uwu

Seeing the raws for next chapter make me excited to see what happens, but remembering the whole spoilers and the racial tone of this series ruins it a bit

Dex-chan lover
It was really nice seeing how everyone else reacted to the nonsense, particularly the soldier, so I hope the light spirit king(quuen?) doesn't ruin it.

@newboi Fighting was previous chapter

Users who are viewing this thread