I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Waiting for the next step of otome isekai to evolve into not having antagonists being reborn people that were supposed to be heroes. 😴

Somehow, this type of scenarios is what i like best. When the so called heroine confronts the mc

Group Leader
... I’m tired of this 2-dimensional character. No one would act like this in real life. Can the author do something interesting without creating a non-realistic antagonistic character just so they could show that the MC is truly kind-hearted? Or maybe I’m too old for this type of manga...

@Chiiyuu "No one would act like this in real life." Unfortunately for you, you don't know how deep and complex the human mind is, especially given their circumstances.

The common trend for these kind of characters is that they lived in a life of wish-fulfillment, fangirling over their favorite game and dreaming how it'd be like to really be there. Once you give someone like that power, in a position where she can manipulate the future as she wishes in her favorite world, a person like this WILL come out once that world starts defying their expectations. I mean, to them, the world is their favorite game brought to life, so they know all the rules and the ins and outs. That's why to them the world should bend over for them, and will break down their psyche and lose rationality and then sanity once things don't awry when they do everything they know through their understanding of the world as a game is done perfectly, and yet shit happens to them.
As what Robert Green Ingersoll said ABOUT Abraham Lincoln (which is misquoted to be from Abraham Lincoln himself):

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." And these kinds of characters, including the lot of isekai characters really, fit the bill.

Dex-chan lover
@Saon
I Was Reborn as the Heroine but Everyone Adores the Villainess and None of the Capture Flags are Triggering!?!
in bookstores near you soonâ„¢.
@sagefox
@Chiiyuu
The Heroine is a Reborn Karen and I am Doomed to Fall with Her.

i kinda feel like the other girl that was reborn is a bit to much, like she is to cartoonish. I would understand her being angry because she was supposed to be the original mc but the way she just says stuff like that, for sure she knows that everyone would think she is crazy?

@AyuAyu
I don't even have to read the novel to know that
Ronald McDonald
is evil. I mean, his first appearance, his actions and words during the randonnée, and how he hasn't appeared even once after that is suspicious

It really makes you wonder what about this person in particular the Light Spirit King finds interesting. Like there must be some redeeming quality we don't see about her right? Unless Grace is just as arrogant and self-absorbed as she is, I guess, but that would clash with the concept of the heroine introduced in the 'original' story.

@FatedMusic not really
the light spirit Grace blessed her when she was younger when she didn't know that she was reincarnated but grace knew when she changed
she said something along the lines of her soul was tainted
and hoped that she would revert back but she didn't so
she gave up on her and left her also gave mc a minor healing power as compensation for what the heroine did to mc
which also changed her skin colour to a lighter colour by accident

Dex-chan lover
Dang, the other girl's personality is so exaggerated, well, i guess there are people who exist that could behave this way

I'm taking (non-monetary) bets for who thinks the Light Spirit will bail on Amelia and give her powers to the MC!

@KingRagnarok150
Kinda figured. Amelia has gone so utterly darkside that I figured that person all-in-black was in fact leading Amelia to her destruction flag, either for other reasons or because e has a thing for the MC (maybe, a yan-yan love interest?). I figure that the Light Spirit would give her powers to the MC. I just find it weird that no one bothered guiding the girl into a different direction vs going all Bigger-Bad master plot of wickedness. Heh.

Thanks @Dethaw
@Madologist
@Saon
@sagefox
@Chiiyuu

Were these titles of actual manga? I figured that it was a pun on this comic/pun on shit going down in the real world on Earth (I lulzed at the "Karenv comments. 😂)

I Was Reborn as the Heroine but Everyone Adores the Villainess and None of the Capture Flags are Triggering!?!

The Heroine is a Reborn Karen and I am Doomed to Fall with Her.

If real comics, are they on MangaDex? If not, can some writer/artist legit dot his punning 2020 American culture? PLEASE! I REQUIRE LIFE! Social punning comics = [concentrated] life [essence].

@TheDragonLord I don't know why you tagged me with this since I wasn't the one who wrote the titles...but you can't tell all those titles are satire? Basically...they're gag titles. Made up.

Users who are viewing this thread