I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.1 - Publisher 2nd Edition

Yo, is there anyone else talking about the story? the light spirit king mentioned Amelia's soul used to be beautiful then it turned ugly and it showed the glasses girl (which probably the reincarnator)

Was that mean the real Amelia was already there when the Light Spirit King gave her blessing, but the reincarnator's soul came and just kicked out Amelia's soul??? Or when Amelia remembered her past life, that's when her soul turned ugly?

Fed-Kun's army
I will make just a comment, for everyone saying that the change was not needed. You probably never lived or tried to see a country where this was a problem. Is not in setting or nothing. But the idea of having a lighter skin tone being better then having a darker skin stone. My country has this, and is not about being african or etc. Is about having the right skin tone,(this problem also exist in asian countries like India). So when we had the idea of becoming white as a F*cking blessing. Is obvious the problem...and there was away to many ways to go way with this,but skin was not one of then because in MANY BUT WAY TO MANY TIMES,in multiple medias this was done,they got someone that had a skin tone(not talking about race) just a darker skin tone and making it closet white possible. I am happy that the japaneses saw this problem because sometimes is needed to make a change.

From the starting, I believed this was manga about being different, discrimination and acceptance. The fact that mangaka changed her skin colour shows their superficial thinking.

I disagree with this change because it caters to the superficial people. Her skin lightening up due to the spirit of lights blessing is fair play, her skin is tanned while her parents are pale white with blonde(?) hair. So obviously her looks are due to the dark spirit's blessing, so it makes sense for the light spirit's blessing to counteract some of that, and genes+spirit blessing probably would make her skin lighten up (or hair turn blond but honestly untanning skin would be less of a change from a biological perspective).

I will admit though I didn't even notice the change when it happened, but the fact that people made such a big deal out of it that it was changed back (rather than make sense) makes me a bit nauseous. Especially since it made the end make much more sense, now it just sounds like she's throwing a tantrum. If I suddenly changed to look more culturally acceptable and then people that were looking down on me suddenly started to act friendly with me or apologize for their behavior, I would get pissed too. Now it seems like they finally realized they were thick headed and wrong and tried to start to apologize but she threw them aside and ran off. I'm not saying they did a good job apologizing but it looks like they are overcoming their shortcomings and she is just throwing their efforts in the mud.

I didn't find so bad for her skin change, but I can understand the rage because of that.

I think it was a good choice to re-do the chapter. Her skin color is a part of herself and it shouldn’t be sth "bad" that needed to be blessed. Stay true to yourself folks!

Bra why tf did she turn white? That’s dumb asf. Why is dark skin associated with ‘darkness’ and light skin associated with ‘the light’🤨🤨 they should’ve just left her skin alone she looks like a whole different character wtf NVM SHE TURNED BACK THANK GOD LMAOOO

lmao they changed her skin back. I actually think this kinda stuff is interesting. If let's say everyone in the world were born with the same skin color, I doubt this would even be a big deal. It'd just be seen as chuunibyou. But reality is different and something like this could allude to a racist comment towards other people and thus stuff like this happen, especially in the western world. And I say western world because many asian countries are very homogeneous with a very small percentage of people living in them being non-asian, so many of them are ignorant about delicacies of skin color. I can totally see the author just writing a random story on syosetu, which then gets a ln which then turns into a manga and this happens.

Yay! I'm glad they changed her back =_= But it shouldn't even have happened in the first place!

Aggregator gang
well this is the right skin color, but thats a nice comedic timing for me lmao

Users who are viewing this thread