I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
it's amazing the guards came and didn't arrest the one with the darker skin

what progress!

Fed-Kun's army
You know everybody is upset about her skin color changing but I don’t mind and yes I’m dark skin I don’t see the I think she looks cuter now and we knew this was going to happen from the cover of the manga you guys just need to chill everything doesn’t need to be about race

NAH I'M USALLY RACIST AS FUCK BUT TODAY WE TAKE A BREAK BECAUSE THIS IS FUCKED UP HOW THE FUCK THEY DO HER LIKE THAT WHAT IS THIS

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit that's racist, just because she turns white (wtf author why) everyone suddenly like her, no wonder this chapter have 700+ comments, and no wonder this manga have a below 8 rating even tho the beginning was promising

Hey mom, im white now! Everyone will stop being afraid and being prejudiced of me because IM WHITE NOWWWW 🙄🙄🙄

I wish they just turned her hair white or blonde ffs

Edit: claudia after turning white "does this mean i avoided the bad end" HAHAHAHHAHA

I can’t still get over this whitewashing. It’s really disappointing how the manga fell into the same racism its criticized. I mean, it doesn’t surprise me ‘cause well, it’s Japan, but stills disappointed me.

i really don't see where the racisme is it's not because she was black that people hated her and it's not because she's now white that they are acting friendly it's because they where scared of her destroying the world that they hated her and that's because they now know that she is kind that they're acting friendly which is a son of a bitch move but not racisme... are white people really that afraid of being racist that now everything that as something to do with black is racist?

Dex-chan lover
so her soul turned ugly when the reincarnator took her place. So the spirits can't notice they are reincarnators

Dex-chan lover
eh, i kind of hope she ends up with her original (well, original dark spirit king blessed) skin color. Maybe just change her hair to silver or grey or something instead of black? to show having both light & dark blessings?

I dunno, that's kind of like becoming rich suddenly (lottery). Its very easy to get drowned in paranoia about "is this person just talking to me/being nice to me 'cause they want my money?!", which for her is going to be "is this person being nice to me cause i'm pale now?". It's easily reinforced by lots of people being nice to her suddenly... unfortunately from the timing, that could just be because she did a great deed for the kingdom and didn't kill anyone when doing it (soldier and other noble reactions pre-blessing). She's been robbed of having any real time of living with how people would've treated her after just that event. If this blessing event had happened a few weeks or months later, the MC would have a better foundation for being able to tell the difference in people's more positive reactions. Now, it's all being pushed into "oh, so its because i just look normal now?! FU!".

Yikes the manga was pretty good with her aspiring to become equal with everyone else and destroying the negative stereotypes around her, but now they suddenly make her white, and suddenly her mother likes her and everyone invites her? What the fuck. Also, they dont begin treating her better after befriending everyone and clearly showing she is a good person or even saving the kingdom, but ONLY after she turns white????

This whitewashing scene really ruined the entire manga. It destroyed the whole message the story had behind it.

Dex-chan lover
AS A PERSON OF WHITE PRIVILEGE I LIVE AND BREATHE RACISM BUT WHAT THE FUCK
I WAS ENJOYING THIS STORY QUITE A LOT AND NOT YOU'RE DIPPING IT INTO WHAT I STAND FOR????

Edit; (Calmed down):
And why did every one accept that so easily??? Like, it could’ve worked, maybe, but the way it was done was piss poor to say the least. She gets a blessing and with nothing but a speech bubble she’s now white? No reaction or anything from her or the audience around her except: “oh, she’s more normal now”, like what was the point of everyone slowly getting more okay with her? They even called her “exotic” instead of “cursed” last chapter, which compared to ch. 1 is quite the improvement.

Dex-chan lover
So basically, the light spirit connected with the innocent protagonist of the game, but then suddenly, a selfish otaku girl reincarnated and the spirit felt regret...

@Zeroq3 Not really; this story isn't about racism. It's a fear of her power. Her skin color is a side effect of that power. It's not actually her skin color that they hate; they don't even actually care about the color of her skin.

Making her white represents making her "blessed" which means it's a sign of her winning the lottery. And now, everyone is nice to her.

Her skin color is an analogy for being an outcast; like being a poor person, or having a lower social class. The kind of people they try to keep their kids away from. But then, all of the sudden, the loser everyone avoided won in life and everyone wants them.

It's not really whitewashing. It kind of makes sense doesn't it? She still has dark hair and eyes, but since her power is not only limited to dark magic anymore, she turns to a lighter shade. It's not even as if she was a different race, she was the same race as everyone before, but since she wields dark power, her appearance was different.

That felt low key racist. However i hope she gets adopted to another family or becomes independant. I don't want her disgusting parents to reap these benefits.

uhm. that was some sensitive move u did there??? they could have let her choose if she liked the change. i mean wtf u just don't change someone's appearance after all the years they have build their courage to face everything with their own color and power???? UHM???

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

can they just give back the original skin color since she has embraced it all her life. that is more sentimental and sensible tbh

and the manga shrugs it off like it was nothing?????

P.S. i saw the next chapter THANK GOD SOME SENSE

WTF, that was rlly an annoying move, that was racist but let's look at the positive side at least now Claudia won't have any trouble with the cops...

Users who are viewing this thread