I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

I see that we can all agree that changing the skin color is kinda problematic here ... 🤦‍♀️ Couldn’t they change sth else- ...

Fed-Kun's army
For fucks sake why?? Keep her skin colour the same goddamit, why can we not have choccy milk for once.

Guys the skin colour change is actually a really well-thought out plot point, I mean, we only were able to see the interaction between the parents and Claudia because of the damn skin colour change.
Calm down guys, i'm sure the author must've thought it out properly

though the skin change thing is pretty bad (I would have bleached her hair cause the dark spirit king's blessing is dark skin and Balck hair), I get it.
The whole point is that everyone is apologising to her post looking like everyone else. They could not accept her for her and only her appearance.
Also, Japan seems pretty xenophobic in general, that topped with ignorance (not understanding the whole big nose, big lip black man thing is racist) and the lack of people of African descent over there it makes sense this happened.

Fed-Kun's army
wow imagine if this work is famous it would get the attention of those SJW lol
"she's hated when she was dark but now she's white she's loved? this is outraaage reeeeee"

Dex-chan lover
I see, this chapter sparked mental r...
Idioticness here too.
While i prefer her "chocolate" flavour too. Look like many people here completely missed the point: she is white.
Look at her parents. Her dark skin is basically a mark, a tattoo. It doesn't mean she is magically born african. So she can't be "whitewashed" cause without her dark magic this is the way she is supposed to be.
:facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Guys the skin colour change is actually a really well-thought out plot point, I mean, we only were able to see the interaction between the parents and Claudia because of the damn skin colour change.
Calm down guys, i'm sure the author must've thought it out properly
Yeah it makes sense from the story's context. The fact that readers care enough about Claudia to violently reject the color change is actually a testament to the author's skill, esp when Claudia whipped out her "too little too late line", ascertaining that she herself has embraced her dark skin and hair, which fuels the reader's backlash even more. Quit accusing the author of being racist or skill issue.

Still won't stop the artist from being bullied to retcon the color change tho lmao

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it makes sense from the story's context. The fact that readers care enough about Claudia to violently reject the color change is actually a testament to the author's skill, esp when Claudia whipped out her "too little too late line", ascertaining that she herself has embraced her dark skin and hair, which fuels the reader's backlash even more. Quit accusing the author of being racist or skill issue.

Still won't stop the artist from being bullied to retcon the color change tho lmao
Eh. While some certainly would react the same, I am kinda skeptical if all the skin tones of the series were swapped, that you would get the the same kinds of outrage you got here.

If readers really cared about Claudia they wouldn't be outraged with an appearance change(to her original appearance she would've had(partially, as hair and eye color still altered)), and focus on liking her no matter how she looks. Her old appearance and new appearance don't matter. Focus their outrage on the characters that are so two-faced and shallow that a mere appearance change is enough to have them act like the past never happened.

If anything, this whole debacle proved Claudia's(the authors) whole point, that people obsessed with Claudia's appearance instead of looking at her for who she is, not what she looks like, are the real villains.

Claudia didn't care what she looks like, she cared and was hurt by how people treated her based on appearance(both positively and negatively).

Consider for a moment they actually let it play out.

Who is the real friend who cares about Claudia:

Yeah, I prefer her with dark skin.
Poor MC got fucking whitewashed, it looks awful on her.

Nooo my choco waifu is no moreee
Or
Claudia is an amazing person who is just as beautiful now as she always was, and anyone treating her differently just because she looks different is scum.

Honestly this whole thing is hilarious. That people effectively got outraged that a character which was effectively in "blackface" from the beginning(due to superpower with a side effect of altering appearance), now are suddenly upset the character has semi returned to what she would've without the "blackface"(due to a second, opposite superpower with a side effect of altering appearance). When the skin tones involved are not even close to being that dramatically different(like we are talking comparing Italians/Greek to Germans/Nords. Or simply Japanese with a week on the beach, with germans/nords).

This whole thing is about as dumb as people getting upset mystique has a different skin tone(she would've had) after a mutant super power suppresses the part of her mutant powers that affected her base appearance.

The fact people are just looking and obsessing with the color of Claudia's skin(especially when Claudia herself doesn't care), are proof of Claudia's point.

Here goes the Twitter user who got offended by skin color, lemme grab my popcorn.

Double-page supporter
HAHAHAAHAHAHA
Its like that cartoon where Jesus helps a black man by making him white

Users who are viewing this thread