I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Thanks for the update~
I'm also in her shoes, just because I'm turned white and didn't become evil and the one who shunned me, the one who supposed to give me love and decided to properly treat me now made me mad
The hell is these parents? Crying when Claudia didn't accept them
Mad, hatred, fury, disappointed

Dex-chan lover
@Willie29 I mean yeah, I get from a story standpoint the rationale behind it. My whole thing is from an actual marketing standpoint, for the media itself. Marketing the heroine as a dark skinned girl, and then turning her white after the fans have had time to fall in love with her character and design is kind of tone deaf.

I'm willing to bet she returns the light king's blessing.
At least, I would. All it's done is show how shallow everyone except Levi is.

Though it has been quite some time since I read this chapter in the translated webnovel, I think there it was stated that her skin color was brown dark or something closer to that, and with the light spirit blessing her skin color turned into milk chocolate. But here, I think the artist was just too lazy to apply a lighter tone of grey

Damn Mangaka really be unintentionally hitting us in our controversial racial insecurities

Felt like the meeting with her parent' broke the emotions she had locked up inside throughout her life.

Also to all the racist, it is the light spirit and dark spirit. She was shown as dark-skinned not black. People who read this here consume a variety of stories and won't have their views suddenly changed because of this.

If it is so offensive then why hasn't anybody got offended that she basically became a child soldier? Something far more abhorrent, not prevalent, in the real world than discrimination. Its because it is stupid to get pissed at tropes. People just read and moved on.
Also, the original story in the game had her married at 16 which by their own admission is underaged, remember Amelia asking why she wasn't married off in the last chapter, which means she was a child bride. Where is the fucking outrage for that?
And Amelia was something akin to slut shamed for her association with boys, where is the outrage for the author for not condemning such behaviour.

Please see how it is pretty easy to get offended at anything if somebody puts their mind to it. But this stifles creativityand free expression. Yes, you say I didn't like that but saying it is immoral is just not the right way.
Reminds me of the clergyman, can't remember name, in renaissance era had all nude statues cover their genitalia with leaf to prevent people getting waylaid.

Group Leader
I’m white now so everybody loves me is the new “I used to be fat but now I’m slim so all my problems are gone.”

Tbh I feel like the skintone change is only because the author is too lazy to keep adding screentones for her skin lol

Interesting. You can see the hypocrisy of the parents, now that she has the blessing of the Light Spirit King, now they love her.

In order to display a change in physical appearance in accordance with the newfound blessing, they didn’t have to touch her skin. They could’ve changed her hair, instead. Made her blonde or something. There are a multitude of different ways they could’ve gone about it lol you can’t deny that there are colorist undertones in this

Im glad the mc has more then 2 brain cells. Like wtf you avoided your child because she has dark spirit king ???????? Instead of being a family and support your child kick the maid out that did soo much trouble. You mentally ffed a child who didnt even know shit that happend in past. Like wtf do you expect beat a dog and hes gonna hate you for rest of his life. What dfq do you expect from a child to make feelings that were never there ? The mother has 0 IQ at least the father wasnt that horrible.... At least the child has the butler

Users who are viewing this thread