I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Fed-Kun's army
@Ultenth
not a single thing about your comment has anything to do with me calling out the people bitching that the character who both parents have milk-white skin having her skin tone change, as such those people clearly aren't reading the story and projecting their weird worldview that the author isn't allowed to change her skintone when infact it's been stating it was a side effect of the dark king blessing and with the light king blessing, she has a tone change everyone is screaming racism and whitewashing while ignoring the context of what's going on especially the scene with her parents where they are pretending nothing matter because she was also blessed by the light king and became a war hero.

Dex-chan lover
In just 1 hour, 280 comments.
Everyone, her skin was white and only changed later because of Dark King blessing; this is not whitewashing.
Claudia is developing trust issue as a result of this.

"I have to wake everyone up"
What stupid, dumb girl. She brings shame to those braids.
The only way anyone would believe her, is if it was a Chinese novel.

I said before, I say again, fuck the mother. A terrible parent.
They are both terrible, but the mother is even worse.

"But things have changed"
Yes, her skin colour. Nothing else.

"Too little, too late"
a boss response.

I got so used to her being darker, and like idk about you guys but it was nice having a non white milk looking heroine. Plus like the whole idea of making someone whiter after they’re cleansed does not sit right with me, I know the author didn’t intend that but I think it would have been safer if her hair or eyes changed color. I really don’t consider this a case of white-washing or racism since the story did explain why she was tanner I just don’t think skin was the best idea to change especially considering all the back lash. The story and art is still great, I just think a lot of backlash wouldn’t be caused if he just changed her hair color or something.

@Ace435 yup. They basically said " let me ignore the whole point of the story and how the author used the MC's skin color to tell us that skin color doesn't matter, it's a person's character that matters. That it's bad to judge someone based on the color of their skin". It truly shows their mental age. They're probably the same type people that complained about the rape scenes in goblin slayer anime.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus christ, once again the internet shows it's ugly side and retarded side of getting offended/outraged at a drop of a hat over fucking NOTHING.
Jeez, look at the mirror, and pull yourself together you sad excuses for human beings.

Dex-chan lover
i feel like vanilla and dark chocolate would make milk chocolate. not vanilla. she still has the dark spirit kings blessing, i dont see how the light spirit king would completely override the look. idk, doesnt sit well with me

Why the heck are you guys saying it's racist?? Did you guys even pay attention, the whole reason our MC is dark-skinned is because the Dark Spirit King's Blessing and Protection. She should originally be fair-skinned (how? well, just look at her parents lmao, and learn about genes) but because of that blessing did her skin and hair turned dark. So I really am not surprised some part of her turn "white" when she got a blessing from the Light Spirit King.

IT'S SIMPLY WRITING TROPES GUYS. STOP DEBATING AND OVERANALYZING STORIES WITH OVER-INFLATED EXAGGERATION.

I mean, all of this could have been avoided if they just changed her hair colour to a blonde instead of her skin tone...

Dex-chan lover
@Willie29 yep, we have seen so many isekai MCs get shitted on just because of dark hair and eyes, so its not like it wasnt an option

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam
her skin was only dark because of the dark spirit king, adding the light spirit king power only made her skin look like how it would with no blessing. like color contrast being balanced to look how it was intended to with out any outside influence

The in-story explanation isn’t the beginning and end of whether a writing or art decision is bigoted. These choices reside within a real-world context—you can call it the “meta” if that makes sense to you. There are a lot of racialized tropes out there. Recognizing when they come into play is part of how many people interact with media and is valid.

Dex-chan lover
This is probably the best in-universe use of the evil of "whitewashing" that I've ever seen - brava, author.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Again. The whole point of the color change is to show how shallow everyone is (and also proof of the Light spirit blessing) and how this shallowness hurts the MC

Dex-chan lover
@Javra17 you do know their are manga characters who go though the same thing if not worse because of their hair color right
beside it was stated in the first chapter her skin has dark because of the dark spirit king so it'd make since that the light spirit king would do the same

Users who are viewing this thread