I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

@joel7686

"Full blessing would have turned her gray"

Now thats an interesting idea I would have loved to see, even if it wouldn't have been visible in a black and white manga

Dex-chan lover
uh..... i want to ask something. does you people read this because of the story or just the girl ? i mean, like... i personally wether her skin color is i just dont care. as long as it keeps me reading it beacause of the story. cant even blame the author itself, there's culture gap and plot that have been made like that. honestly, neither both of the party are wrong. except you're reading it just because of her skin is kinda questionable.

@Basementdweller09 I agree there, but I do think white hair would of had the same shocking impact in the story.
I don't mind that they changed her skin color since I do understand that it was to show how having the light spirit king blessing affected her. At any rate my only complain is that she looked way better as a choco goddess. Idk she looks kind of weird now probably due to how the manga doesn't have any color besides white and black ink.

I love how all these people complaining about racism, always sound like the most racist people around. Psychologically projecting much?! 🤣

Oh, and the people in the story feared her and treated her badly not because of her dark skin tone but because she was blessed by the Dark King Spirit, who in days past had caused much destruction. That plot point is quite obvious and repeatedly mentioned in the manga. How can so many people miss it? Do you just look at the pretty pictures?! 🤔

Fed-Kun's army
wow, what's wrong with people crying racism in the comments? There is absolutely nothing race related in the story at all, you guys are idiots.

Everyone in this world has fair skin and are of the same race, obviously people would look at someone funny if they were the ONLY person that looked overtly different from the rest (Not to mention what the last person who looked like her did). If you can call this racism, then what, let's say she gets the blessing from the spirit king of fire and her hair turns red, is that racism too? Divine blessings imparting physical change is a well established story telling trope, and the color of her skin was clearly described as directly caused by her blessing by the spirit king of darkness from the very start (e.g. She would have been fair skinned herself without the blessing). If anything, it would make more sense if her skin tone only lightened a little bit here, as the influence of the dark spirit blessing should be equal or stronger than that of the light spirit.

The only reason why someone would drop the story here is if they were only reading it because they liked a story where the MC was being oppressed by the world around them, not because of some shallow appearance change. This is a fair reason though, as this change in dynamic from overt disdain to likely excessive false affection will likely significantly change the tone of the story. (Everyone will likely want to be friends now after the light spirit blessing, regardless of whether they still hate her or not due to the power, both real and symbolic she holds now)

give us back our milk chocolate TAT

put that aside, i'm actually glad she didnt just let bygones be bygones

you cant just pretend all those years being shunned like it was never happened

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F
What's sad is if they never made her skin dark in the first place or her skin just stayed dark no one would be complaining about this chapter

I knew this plot point was coming (thank you to everyone in the comments who spoiled it for me~) but oouughhh it's disappointing. I'm glad at least the story is acknowledging that everyone suddenly being nice to her is nonsense... I really do hope she will be able to find happiness, but I'm a little bitter the author felt she needed to be lighter to find it :/

You know, this manga actually shows you that the attitude change of the side characters, of the MC's skin colour and spirit blessing change, is a disgusting thing. So even with the skin colour change version, good on this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Well this blew up... I guess this is why most of my weeb friends didn't like it when anime started getting more popular and the normies started to watch too... I think that i can tell who the actual OG weebs are here and the normies who only came along for the ride is (hint: the normies are the ones attaching societal issues to everything, cmon man i only came to enjoy myself)

🤢Welp. She just got bleached. 🤮

Really awkward chapter with that part.

I want choco back. 😥

Aggregator gang
@duskyloltun

I see.
I never really saw the whole "WTF IS THIS RACIST SHIT" angle but the whole skin change never sat right with me. so i'm somewhat glad they backpeddled and made her keep her darker skin complexion if that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread