I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F I re read the first chapter they say out right she only looks like that because of the dark spirit king's blessing

Dex-chan lover
I’ll still stick around since Claudia told off her parents after they changed their tune since I might be interested should this aspect be explored more.

Fed-Kun's army
Man glad the Main Character, didn't just ACCEPT her mother and father pretending everything was good after all they put her through.

I'd be disappointed in the comment section, bitching about "whitewashing" when context of the series the character was never a different race or black, but expect nothing less from a bunch of retards.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit people are reading way too much into this.

I enjoyed the chapter because she is not a pushover that would forget the mistreatments she got because of some lame apologies.

For those who got confused why are the raws different because her skin didn't turn white, on release, alphapolis released a ver of ch12 w white skin color. I guess they recolored it much later. But a lot of raw sites that ripped off alphapolis got the white skin ver copy.

Dex-chan lover
Parents really be doing the whole "we loved you this whole time" shit? Begone. You can't erase a lifetime of abuse by playing nice.

Should have executed the other girl but she got off easy. Claudia is too nice for her own good.

Dex-chan lover
@Willie29 i know... im saying he blessed when she was in her mother womb, so she was literally born like that, yes if she wasnt blessed shw ould have looked just like her parents

Dex-chan lover
Indians would kill for that magic. (I'm Indian, there are creams like fair and lovely and shit that are advertised to work exactly like that magic loooool)

I will say that when everyone in a kingdom is white, a single person with tan skin is definitely going to be seen as a freak. Obviously the reverse is also true. It'd be true even if there's a brunette among blonds. So it's not necessarily racist? Although the premise of dark skin and hair being evil is kinda problematic, the story is about disproving that, I guess? Idk

Dex-chan lover
@duskyloltun
ah, that makes sense. If the backlash to this was THIS bad in the comment section of mangadex, i gotta wonder how bad it was on jp twitter and all that jazz.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not amused by the skin change, but blowing up at the parents was kino

Dex-chan lover
I still think she was cuter with dark skin.
I do enjoy though that this manga doesn't hesitate to call out the suddenly changed behavior of people like her parents, and avoids the "Oh now she has the nice blessing and the dark skin is gone, now everything is happy and fluffy" like some manga's enjoy to employ.

if we were to use any type of logic, the full blessing would make her gray, just because she got a new blessing does not mean the first blessing would vanish @ravidya

Fed-Kun's army
massive fuckin brainrot on the people trying to justify/intellectualize her skin getting lightened! japan aint paying yall bills, it's okay to acknowledge that japan has problems and that there's racism there!

Dex-chan lover
@kowoyoshi It's not about "Black" vs. "White" people as we see it in the west. Even within Asian culture, there has long been very strong stigma against people who had tanned or darker skin, and people with light skin were seen as superior, in part because darker skinned people were often that way because they worked outside, and also often because minority groups through Asia such as the Ainu were always darker skinned than the majority groups that ruled over them.

Dark skin being seen as lesser, or even evil or barbaric, is not purely an African/European thing, but also has a strong history of cultural bias within the Asian continent itself.

Users who are viewing this thread