I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@catbot158 Adding on another reason beyond yikes-racial-implications for why the skin color change was a bad idea, her appearance has become significantly more generic. Her darker skin made her easily more recognizable from the other hundred villainess hero protagonists, but now she looks like Lycoris from the other villainess manga. From a character design standpoint, this was a bad move.

Yikes these comments. You do realize that she was born from two white parents right and the dark skin was an after effect of the so called protection of the spirit king right?
Getting mad over this "Whitewashing" is a little bit immature for a manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Peco126
Weird, because when I read the raws about few month ago for this chapter, she was indeed turned pale. Looks like the original, at some point, reverted her back to being dark-skinned. So unless the scanlators took the effort to painstakingly redraw every panel where MC appears, I think they had this chapter already saved since back then but didnt take the newly uploaded one where MC wasn't turned pale.

Dex-chan lover
@warilized
Actually, it is a stereotyped beauty view of asians in general, a beauty need to have a snow white skin (and a thin, almost pointed chin)...

@mayo @noobtube2 those new raws with MC being pale are very recent. In fact chapter 13 was out with MC white as paper since 2 weeks ago. My guess is they changed the raws either a week ago or the last few days.

They probably decided to revert MC to a lighter version of her choco skin since many people reacted negatively to her new white as paper skin.

@fran1212 she didn't fix it, they are commenting more about discrimination, by showing that peoples attitude to her has changed thanks to her color change she is showing how hypocritical everyone is and how in society this is the expected outcome, it's sickening to the victim who told them to shove it, and to the reader cause we know that this is how our society is, we discriminate what is different and the moment that that difference disappears we try and say/act like it never happened, this change fixes nothing the deed is done and the MC doesn't want any of this "we are sorry now" BS

Fed-Kun's army
Damn as soon as I saw that page I flicked my eyes to the comments and yup 200+ comments

Good on her for telling mom and dad where to go.

@Joel7686
Dude, like I said, skin is just skin nothing to it. Just because that changed, doesn't mean it was done maliciously, it's just to show the blessing of both spirit kings.

Yes, they could have changed her hair or eyes instead of her skin, but that wouldn't be shocking, not really. Her skin, tho would be a shocker, since now she looks more like everyone else, minus the hair and eyes, but still.

Anyways we shouldn't be putting racial issues on manga, it's stupid since these characters aren't real and complaining over it is quite stupid.

Plus the original scans dont show significant changes to her appearance, like she looks the same, theres no skin change. The reason why there different is be cause two versions were made one with appearance changed and another no change. You can search up the reason on that, but either way it shouldn't offend anyone cause the girl isn't supposed to be born with dark skin, hair or eyes in the first place, she's supposed to look like her parents, if not blessed.

Dex-chan lover
Insane amount of comments in such a short time. All thanks to magical skin colour change. I have to say it was a hilarious scene in the chapter, considering everything that has been going on of late. It shows Japan is still Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread