I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I'm not bothered by the sudden change in skin tone, considering she was white in the first place, she just looks so bright now.

Dex-chan lover
Only subject that matters in this chapter is... the character's skin color?
Reading the comments, that is all people cared about.
For me, that's a bit sad as I liked the distinct look she had, but I don't see this as "whitewashing" or anything of the sort. She never was racially "black" to begin with, neither in origin (her whole lineage was "white" and her skin tone was darkened by the dark spirit king's blessing), nor in actual look (she was more tan than downright "black"). Now that the light spirit king (queen?) also bestowed a blessing, a change was bound to happen and I agree that changing the hair would have been a better choice. But I just consider it a bad aesthetic choice by my own subjective standard. Nothing more.

Now, the point that is actually interesting is the change of behavior in her surroundings, which shows the superficiality of their attitude towards the MC.
All those who only changed attitude after the light spirit recognized her as worthy of trust are shallow and don't really deserve her forgiveness. They see her skin changed by the light spirit and decide that now is the time to trust her. Not judging her by her actions, but by following the judgement of someone else who, for all they know, is equally as fickle as they are themselves.
Her family might deserve a second chance, but it's a chance they will have to earn over time. They can't just come and say: "we trust you now, so you have to forgive us". For all she knows, their newfound "trust" could go away as fast as it came become they don't actually trust her. They trust the light spirit. Or, if I'm cynical, they "trust" her because she has friends in very high places (two spirits kings, and one human royal family). Ambition speaking louder than distrust.

However, she should not despair too much at how superficial her family is. She did earn some true friends who judged her by her character over her appearance and her spirit patron. Those she can trust and build solid relationships with, even though it's sad when you are not loved by your own family. She will definitely need time to adjust to having people around her who will seem interested in getting close to her though. In particular, she will need to develop the skill to recognize who is just acting with ulterior motives and who is truly trying to befriend her. That was easier when there was nobody in the first category. :p

i hate it my Choco waifu's gone. 😭😭😭

this is the reason i dropped the novel now prince that is ml will start to like her just like in novel.
i dpn't remember much but in novel he didn't like her before as romantic partner when she was tan but then she got light king gift he was liking her wtf.
and her family is really bad only the big bro is good person.

Aggregator gang
ok wtf i read the WN as far as it's translated and it does say it makes her skin lighter BUT in the raw version of THIS manga it seems that her skin colour does not change. in the raw chapter 12 + 13 she still has her darker/tanned skin so why does this TL'd chapter have her have lighter skin?

Double-page supporter
WTF GIMME TAN BABY BACK
BRO YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME
YOU CALL IT BLESSING
I CALL IT RACIST
YOU CEO OF RACIST

@noobtube2 POG
@MangaLover6 I see it as an absolutely win. if she is tanned she stay tan, no mj bullshit

i hate it my Choco waifu's gone. 😭😭😭

this is the reason i dropped the novel now prince that is ml will start to like her just like in novel.
i don't remember much but in novel he didn't like her before as romantic partner when she was tan but then she got light king gift he was liking her wtf.
and her family is really bad only the big bro is good person.

yeah dropped. wtf

edit: crazy how the parent only apologizes when she is finally white huh

Fed-Kun's army
Just another manga brought to you by bleached.com

bleached.png

For everyone complaining just wait till the Netflix adaptation where they'll make her darker than before.

Lol, I knew the chapter is going to trigger some people but I think the author did a great job at portraying how hypocrite people are. Just because her skin colour change, people who used to be wary of her( especially her parents) suddenly started to act friendly and want to be her parents after neglecting since she was a baby, not realizing that the mc is still the mc and those things they did cannot be erased. But aren't we the same? Just because MC skin change, our perspective on the author change as a racist person, thou we don't know the person....welp, this is just my opinion thou😉

Dex-chan lover
@Willie29 yes its because of the blessing, BUT she was literally born like that!, i just checked ch 1, I know she wasnt black, more like european-ish i guess based o nthe world setting, but im talking about how ppl talk about the skin color scale, they make it sound like theres only white or black, and thats some erasure shit

@_cowbird apparently the raws got updated and she doesnt change after getting the light skin parcial blessing, no idea about the implications doe, like did the author change his midn, was the editor? the reception from the LN or wn or whatever? no idea, but damn its interesting

Dex-chan lover
You know, I've read tens of hundreds of manga but never have I read one that did what this manga just did.
Entitled parents looking for forgiveness from their child after years of cruelty and mental abuse towards said child, AND THE CHILD DENIED THE PARENTS.
Fuck yeah, I hate those gushy happy ending of like "oh hey, sorry i was a shitty parent" and the kid forgives them just like that. Fuck that, i like this. Yeah, you guys fucked up as parents and you're not going to get anything from the kid you were a complete asshole to for an irrational reason.

Glad to see it. Hope they stick with it and just slowly have the parents fall to the rumors of the nobility. Or hey, even go the Hachinan route and it just stops mentioning them because MC literally went off and created their own Family/House.

Users who are viewing this thread