I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Wait, if the raws kept her dark skin, why does it change in the scanlated version???
If you check the raws for this chapter, nothing changed her appearance wise. So why do we see a change?

Dex-chan lover
Imagine thinking this generic shit is better than her previous, cute appearance as a cholocate girl.

I don't even think the author is racist, he just has some serious shit taste.

Double-page supporter
Regardless of whether or not something happened with the TL group (RAWs show dark/tan skin opposed to white skin in the TL), it's apparently a bs move that happened in the original story, so it's still pretty bad.

More disappointed with how few people here in the comments, aside from a few, mentioned how her awful parents tried to backpedal their literal years of emotional abuse since Claudia got blessed by the "good" Spirit King, and how her world is falling apart because of all the false platitudes show her way.

Dex-chan lover
goddammit we finally reached the bullshit chapter, i really dislike the author's decision on this, it feels like a cowardly move, for backing down to the usual pure white skin heroine, i know beauty standards are like that with the whole Nadeshiko thing but damn.
Also for ppl saying she wasnt black, and she was only tan at best, ngl it sounds like some light skin erasure, like u aint black unless u have a certain level of blackness and that its bullshit.

The silver lining of this chapter was her denying the parents coz fuck off, she already has ppl that treat her fairly, she doesnt need fake bitches

and man i wish i was better with words coz theres alot we could discuss about how discrimination in japan works, the strict beauty standarts, the fact that native japanese darker skin ppl exist and their treatment on the mainland, but i suck at making my points clear and i exceed at getting mad while i write...

@BraveDude8 wait is the chapter gonna be updated with the new raws then?

Dex-chan lover
@Ace435 yeah, well... Even without my comment, many still think this is racism.
As for me, I was curious because i saw someone wrote comment about japanese culture or something. But I still don't find the correlation between this and that..

Dex-chan lover
@joel7686 Because Grace didn't give her the full "Blessing" technically, I think. Since she goes away pretty much immediately after. Claudia can just use healing magic now.

Double-page supporter
7C0BAA64FC08DAA7D0FDF9A95CA0540799BA036C

Dex-chan lover
You know, the whole "reveal" loses all of its shock value since people have been ranting about it since like, chapter three. It's like watching a movie for the first time with someone who has seen it so many times and they're like "Oh you're going to be sooooo mad/surprised/sad when X happens!"

While people are complaining about the societal implications of her skin-tone change, I'm just like, "She's gonna have to get a new wardrobe now." 🙃

I loved the "Too little, too late" bit too.

Aggregator gang
@Acolytus Check the raws. She looks more like a mixed-race. This looks like the scanlators fucked up somewhere. I'm pretty sure she's half-toned in the novel too.

Fed-Kun's army
I honestly am not bothered at all by the fact that her skin got lighter because SHE WAS NEVER BROWN/BLACK! She was always white European-ish (I think this is set is pseudo European-like imaginary world). It would have been different if she had black parents and then she born as a black person and with the blessing suddenly got white, that is just wrong on so many levels but nothing is wrong here. She had a black-ish "haze" on her because of the blessing and was never black-skinned by ethnicity.

Having said that, this chapter pisses me off because of the parents casually thinking they're going to sweep their shit under the rug and also Claudia appeared to be a bit weaker than her usual character when she ran away like that. I get that she is still a person who gets hurt and this brought all her bad memories back but I wish the way she was portrayed wasn't in such a broken state...maybe I'm asking for too much and this was inevitable.

Dex-chan lover
@Angibot she was never black. she only had dark skin because of the spirit king.
this is her actual skin color.
and you read it because it's good

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Rawdevart and loveheaven both have her getting magical whiteface, and those sites rip off Alphapolis as soon as the chapters release, so I think the raws got updated.

Plus, this is literally what happens in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
the dumpster fire has finally been unleashed !

the flame war has come !

(go grab popcorn while while hysterically laughing)

Like the dark spirit king said “if Claudia was true person you make her out to be. This kingdom would have been destroyed long ago” and yet she never took her pain out on anyone else she alway took it all. Yet she got white skin and everyone stopped hurting her and acted like nothing happened. Of course she couldn’t hold onto it anymore

Users who are viewing this thread