I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

How is the "heroine" allowed to keep spouting bs especially in front of royalty? Some of the stuff she was whispering, but a lot of it was said with her whole chest. Like wtf!

Dont worry, all the folks commenting below. cliches will be subverted and our heroine wont be screwed over.

If people are interested in what happens, the novel translation is a few chapters past this and includes things that this adaptation cut out that changes how this scene actually feels and plays out.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Kind of splitting hairs for no reason. Gerald is more than happy to do pretty much anything for her. No other human alive right now could ask him to do this, she can. It's something only she can do.

Contributor
Well, the dad is a shit-head. Saying it's for her benefit here to go "of her own volition" for PR purposes, ignores the fact that if she refuses, it's now the opposite: That she chose to stay at home of her own volition (and whatever that does to people's opinions of her). And since when is sending a kid off to become a mass-murderer (which does seem to be the idea?) worth it for a publicity stunt just to increase her standing in the eyes of her peers?

(I say all that: The story is doing a great job of presenting him as a flawed human who roughly does know right from wrong but is constantly struggling with, and succumbing to, his worse thoughts and nature and habitual bad ways of thinking—the sort of person you can sympathize with a bit at the same time as feeling that they might need something terribly painful done to their nether regions, periodically, as a gentle reminder that they are still not doing the right thing.)

Dex-chan lover
It's unfortunate, that this is happening in chapter 9. If the manga had properly paced things, we would not only be around chapter 18 at this point, a large number of important moments would not have been skipped, and people would have a much better understanding of where the heads of the royals and other adults (especially her father!) are at.

Yes, the father is a failure and pathetic loser, but in the LN, he was at least trying a lot harder than he appears to be in the manga, and you at least get a better idea of how he ends up failing so hard despite trying. I encourage people to go read the novel and see.

Fed-Kun's army
oh no ... the dread i feel. even if she does well, they'll use that as an excuse to vilify her, i bet.

thank you for the updates!

Double-page supporter
The king: "Story"?? Is our country's dire situation a joke to you??

Fed-Kun's army
Lol the king said “Liam, drop it”, but the prince’s name is Levi. Looks like the translator/s are getting characters mixed up😅

Geez, I'm so against this development, it sucks and it feels with many holes.

1. The 1st thing I want to say is that I used to think her father was less horrible than her mother but f*ck it, he had to destroy every hope I had on him. I also regret saying the royal couple was fair, lol, go to hell all of u, pls. :D

2. The queen's words were so stupid here, the History of their kingdom showed it already. Why Claudia should go and fight for a sh*tty country that sooner or later will kill their true saviors regardless if they're good people or not? Gerald already went through this once but she couldn't have thought in him either. I thought she'd make a smarter decision because she knew about the plot beforehand but I guess not, she fell for some stupid instinct in the last moment.

They all are just trying to play with the youngsters' minds, and it sucks. If she gets to show her true power, the people will fear her and despise her with any other hope just because of how she looks /that's how the people's prejudices work/. Damn nasty bunch of cowards! And the freaking father should just protect his daughter, he can go and die in war if he wants but why a small girl should go? What a useless coward.

And for Amelia's case, well, her mom is not even her birth mother, so I guess that's why she changes her mind so easily, one moment she cares and the other she's excited to sell her off; as for his father, he just accepted her in his house because of her power, so it's no wonder he's excited to see some profits as well. I don't know why she didn't see that coming, that brat had her own worries as well, but now she's just reduced to some stupid and plain character.

And ofc, if Claudia dies then she'll be a martyr and will be no longer 'despised', people will fake some pitty and blablabla, but if she survives, she'll be feared because she'll be considered a horrible monster. They pretend to care for Claudia but she has no option regardless and the author is trying to make us believe is not that way? Pft, laughable.

3. I love Levi, precious and pure Levi, I can't believe our MC still needs someone to tells her that she has the right to live happily, protect herself and do whatever she wants in her freaking life (I do understand why. It's just sad). It also sucks how she thinks maybe she'll have a chance helping the kingdom but she's just been used as a tool). )":

Edit: And pls, don't tell me she'll fix her relationship with her father in war in a magical and stupid Disney way, because I swear I'll choke. She have enough love with her big bro, the buttler and her friends, possibly a marriage with Levi, the others can juts get lost.

Dex-chan lover
Incompetent king wanna send 2 children to the battlefield because the adults are weak.. huh, seems legit.

Dex-chan lover
someone please tell me the light spirit king ends up leaving that bitch

Users who are viewing this thread