I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Everyone in this series is so selfish, dumbass and annoying apart from the MC & MC's friends sigh

Dex-chan lover
@DestinyFate its about true friends vs strangers. the point of her
turning white-ish is showing syncophants based on her second spirits. wereas the current arc is showing fear based on her current spirit.

Dex-chan lover
This kingdom is so finished,
that they judge people by their looks.
not they personality, and skills.

also,
the parents is so full of sh*t and Toxic Parents.

Sh*t parents/father: i dont know, what should i do?
Me : how stupid is that, of course you take a stand with Claudia and calm her down.

what kind of parents who send their daughter to the war? willingly also?

the prejudice is so strong that when the kingdom is destroyed, they got what they deserved

Dex-chan lover
@sammyPangel @sherlock0790 @stanloona No he's actually doing this for her...so that the people stop being afraid of her and respect her. He knows that its dangerous so that's why he'll stay with her every step of the way and not let her be near any danger on the battlefield or have her kill anyone or see blood.

He made a difficult choice and he still hated himself for making her do this even if everything went perfect...but he didn't regret it because it would make her life better. The mother is still shit, but the father still thinks about his daughter a lot. Actually, I don't think he cares about her usefulness in battle at all...he is just really desperate for a solution.

That's just what I got from the novel. I thought that the father was actually a good person regardless of the fact that he was afraid of his own daughter...which BTW he can't control. He was the only one to tried to care for her even though he was afraid. Also the king is cool too. He thinks about his country first and foremost, but he still shows consideration for other people and doesn't force them.

@Walter_vi_Britannia I hereby sentence thee guilty of impersonation! Lelouch is dismayed at your behaviour.

...Leaving aside your crime, I personally found it obvious as to that the father is working towards the best interests of his daughter from only this chapter (never read the novel) - heck, the author even thought to explain it twice in the chapter, both from the viewpoint of the father & queen and that of the viewpoint of the daughter, after the viewpoint of the brother (I think Claudia is her brother, can't remember) was made known (which seems a lot of readers had at the time).

Honestly think that most of us here, if we were in the same scenario, would make the same decision of the father if we could think clearly. Have to also remember that the father himself had to make his decision in the middle of a meeting, and that the daughter who eventually agreed with his decision had some period of time to think about it too, so it wasn't just whimsical.

Aggregator gang
For people angry about a seemingly racist spoiler
That isn't missing the point of the story, but actually serves to further point it out, our main character is very aware of the treatment she'd gotten for a long time just because of her skin and having the dark spirit in her, and she is nothing but disgusted and angry at people suddenly liking her, in fact, the hypocrisy makes her want to isolate herself just like before.

She continues to only have respect for her brother and friends, you know, the people that actually approached her and befriended her before she got another spirit, after she becomes white thanks to the light spirit, the story never stops pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone and that it's wrong that it took changing her skin to make people like her, she and her friends don't consider her to have become any different on the inside, maybe more powerful thanks to having two spirits, but that's about it.

Heck, this is what makes her mother be a bit more willing to approach her making our MC absolutely furious and refuse to talk to her even more, people complaining about how her becoming white making people like her is racist...is...well, the whole point, though i do wish she had kept her original skin and that she earned respect and love from the crowd despite it.

Dex-chan lover
@sammyPangel Yea, that's the thing, he actually believed that at the time...or at least doubted her. But anyway, that's the thing I was trying to say. He is actually afraid of her. He thinks she might have hidden sociopathic tendencies and that she might at any moment turn evil because of the history of their world and such. He also hates himself for that, he knows she didn't do any wrong, but he can't help but be cautious of her because of her power and what she can become if she directs all her hatred towards them. He knows he should love her as his daughter and not blame her for crimes she didn't commit...but he can't help the fear at the back of his mind that she'll grow a grudge against the country and someday curse them all like her predecessor. Basically, past facts and rationale is overtaking emotional reasoning ability. He's not a bad person, he's just not the type of person who can unconditionally love someone like her brother.

@Walter_vi_Britannia sorry for just jumping into a conversation, but isn't what the dad doing exactly what would cause her to develop a grudge on the kingdom? So if anything happens, to a degree it would be his fault for making her resentful and him not supporting her, which would make other people think they can be horrible to her cause her father wouldn't do anything?

Dex-chan lover
@Haven1011 Yea, I guess that's true too. But he's not solely to blame. He was more or less just being cautious of her. Its the other people who completely failed to even treat her as a human. He's in this weird middleground where he'll be blamed equally as everybody else for treating her like this, but if everybody else treated her as a normal person and he was still the same...he'd kinda be just pitied by the readers. You know, the type who's like on the fence of everything, he doesn't commit the crime or condone it, but you still see him at the back of the criminals not stopping them and kinda associate him with them. But that's why I said he's trying to care for her since he's trying to break out of that circle and create a position where he or the other people won't be afraid of her anymore.

Can we all agree that everyone there were scum, except for the brother and prince?

I wish they would let her throw her family away so whatever accomplishments she has doesn’t go to her stupid fucktwit family. Also it wouldnt hurt if the brother went with her at least for moral support 😂

This problem would've been solved if someone drops a nuke to the Kingdom of Guardia. Or maybe some bombing campaigns with a hint of psychological warfare will make their morale and motivation drop.

Disclaimer: This just a pointless joke

@kylie_aliah I mean, I cant really fault the King. Especially when he left the choice up to the father in the end. He was even willing to accept that they didnt want to go. While it is morally wrong in our world it probably wouldnt be seen as unnatural in theirs. It would have been something entirely different if the king forced it upon them. Just my 2 cents

Dex-chan lover
"Only I can do"
But you are not going to do anything and expect Gerald to do all the work.

I have a feeling that after the war, somehow as all plots go, Amelia will take all the credit. It's just a feeling..but i hope it will never happen.I just hate those moments especially when the mc won't do anything about it..it makes my blood boil

Users who are viewing this thread