I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

>everyone likes you if you're white
What did they mean by this? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Jokes aside it's pretty alright. The villain so far (MCs counterpart) has been pretty badly written but maybe it can redeem itself. also the warfare plotline deserved way more attention for how impactful it was to the story.

Oh thank god they went back. White=good is such a bad trope and deserves to die in a ditch.
Our queen is the best the way she was born <3

Group Leader
Are you shitting me, they fucking whitewashed this shit?

OK LMAO, I'm glad nobody was ok with it, and they redacted it.

@Zavy Would they bother though? Either way, they dug themselves into a hole that they can only climb out of with half-assed attempts like that. I'm not entirely sure that would work. Plus, they already redacted the whitewashing so the dark king changing her back won't really make sense, and rejecting the light king at this point wouldn't make sense either as the blessing is only a benefit. The only plausible reason I can think of for her to reject the light king would be if she wanted to go back to being black because it was who she was and wanted to embrace that, but that won't work anymore.

The biggest issue I have with this is that the Dark Spirit King gave protag-chan a 加護 (kago; a divine protection), and this caused protag-chan to be born with black eyes, black hair, and dark skin. The Light Spirit King gave her 祝福 (shukufuku; blessing) and this is supposedly a small portion of magical powers compared to divine protection, but it completely changes her entire skin color, which is, her entire body.
In the raws, the Dark Spirit King says, 精霊王が己の全てを捧げるのが加護 力の一部を授けることを祝福と言う, (which are two sentences but the way it's written inside the bubble makes it look like one sentence, and also I originally read it as one sentence until I came back to specifically take this quote) which roughly translates to "When a Spirit King gives their everything it is a divine protection. When given a portion of its powers is bestowed on you it is a blessing."

So it's like, the Dark Spirit King treats protag-chan with love and affection like a father would to his daughter, while the Light Spirit King is like giving her a souvenir after a long trip overseas. The magnitude of the powers these two Spirit Kings gave to protag-chan is very different, yet protag-chan's skin color of her entire body changes. If it was at least hair color or eye color, the amount of difference in protag-chan is a lot less, so I would not be as angry, but the author decided to change the skin color of her entire body.
Story-wise this makes it feel like the Dark Spirit King's powers are weaker than the Light Spirit King, therefore Light Spirit King's blessing has a greater affect on protag-chan. Or, the Light Spirit King's power overrides the Dark Spirit King's powers. Either way, it makes the powers of the Dark Spirit King feel insignificant where the story is supposed to be about how the Dark Spirit King is so powerful and scary.
So even within context, the change to the skin color is a ridiculous decision, to me at least.

Fed-Kun's army
Why are people saying they treated her badly cause of her skin? Wasn’t it because of her connection with the dark king and in the past how the dark king’s power can obliterate the entire kingdom? In other words, it isn’t about her skin color but the blessing symbols of the fucking dark king and his destructive powers??? They fear the power not the skin, damn did you guys even read?

Im very glad she didnt just forgive them. I was really hoping she would hold a grudge and she did thank god

Dex-chan lover
The whitewashing is bad because it removes what gave her problems but even what she accepted as her skin color and was a pillar of the plot, removing it with some random God gesture seriously damages that part.
It even makes feel like being dark skinned is a curse, I mean, it is for many of us in the real world but we don't need a reminder.
When the author made a shitty choice readers have to accept that the original novel was very short and after this chapter it ended, the manga could have a couple epilogue chapters forward or try to continue the story as a cliche girl MC isekai, but after the reskin it looks like a inferior "villaines level 99" copy, we can't fault the mangaka for following directions, they just draw, the raw site understood that even JP readers didn't like it and kept her black but I think this will end up damaging the story, if it keeps going.

yeah fuck her parents. You can't suddenly apologize and ask to be her mom after you spent her entire life hating her and treating her terribly. She never even called the Duke "father". Only her brother was nice to her, and maybe lil brother (we'll see). Half-assed apologies brought out of social guilt mean nothing. If I was her I'd ask the King to grant her a title so she cant move out and leave her parents and even change her last name, just to spite her parents.

EDIT: I think it would've been cool/funny if her hair became blonde instead of her skin, cause then she'd look like a gyaru and that wouldve been funny.

The audacity they have for making her white and only then giving her acceptance. Also fuck her sum ass parents I hope she never forgives them and moves out, I don't want her associated with those pieces of trash !!!

Glad the publishers changed it so that her skin color doesn't change! That version is a lot better.

It is within human nature to struggle to accept our faults, often trying to pass the blame onto others or ignore the consequences of our actions, as we see a sweet lie as easier than the bitter truth.

Oof. I am torn.

on the one hand her skin tone change and the immediate shift in attitude toward her highlights their hypocrisy perfectly. and in a way that just the blessing itself doesn't fully spotlight

on the other hand. Nuuu my chocolate goddess

I like the new edit better. And the shift of reaction AND Claudia's reaction to the shift are well done.

Fed-Kun's army
This is very bland. The idea of competitive isekai is uncommon, but the rest is bland as fuck. The war is not even a chapter long.
And then skingate happened.
Changing her skin was a dumb move. Pseudo-historical isekais are almost always either overwhelmingly or completely white.
Changing it back was a dumber move. At least by re-issue. She is going full emo anyway, she can always ask her sugar-daddy spirit to change it back a bit later. And it would make sense.

@nuha38

The audacity they have for making her white and only then giving her acceptance.

If I'm not mistaken the author did make her white in the novel. I am surprised that the publisher actually release the dark skin version. I am guessing the publisher did facing backlash when they release the manga

Users who are viewing this thread