Seijo ja nakatta no de, Oukyuu de nonbiri Gohan wo Tsukuru koto ni shimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
Getting stale bread as a guest of royalty is a big red flag for me. Either the kingdom is in food shortage, or she's being bullied unknowingly.

that, or typical isekai bad food-itis

Dex-chan lover
After they taste good she makes, they are going to realize why she is chubby. How funny would it be if all the ikemen became chubby because of her food.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
woWowOOAaa SHeS thE SAInT of foOOOOood aNd SHes hEre tO SAintIFy ALl tHE BaD fOoOOOOOODddd woOOkOoOOOoO

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat while we're at it, the fenrir isekai, the 30 y/o with Sui and Fenrir, Cafe in another world... That's about what I know.

Several WN i follow also feature this too.

It's kind of a shame too, since yeah cooking might not be as sophisticated back then, but it doesn't mean royalty gets stale hard bread

Yes! So happy this updated! Thank you for the translation! I can't wait to see her blow their minds with her cooking skills. Also to one-up those who were maybe bullying her with the food she got. I mean sure it's an older kind of world not as advanced as her world but they should have better-tasting food there right???

Seems like typical 'everyone instantly loves earth food' for me. Like, I get it wasn't all that great then but also not that terrible, rather nutrituous if you looked at ingredients used [lots of different vegetables in summer] and all that. Also assuming that they used typical medieval wheat and other ingredients, the bread should not be hard for at least three days after being baked. But I guess not.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
@Ktoromto maybe they use "hard" to describe dense (i.e. non-risen, not fluffy) bread in Japanese? Could be a translation thing maybe, hopefully.

Edit: then again they also had that whole bit about softening it up. I guess there are some medieval breads like kavring that were hard, but those were also smaller and crispy; pretty sure you'd never store this type of loaf until hardened even in lower classes

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato

It's more noticeable at the top right of page 14, but yeah I agree. It's harder to see if you don't get a full view of her since her face seems very NOT chubby.

Dex-chan lover
Lol she's cute
Also that magic globe... XD overall healthy, but a little chubby lolol
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
ZYJhxIR.png

Double-page supporter
One thing about these food isekai's is the neglect that in many historical societies, being larger/plumper was desirable as a sign of success and luxury. It's only recently that this changed, where being thing was seen as success and luxury as it meant that a person had time to exercise rather than work an office job each day.

And what is it about these and bread yeast? They always get it wrong. Bread yeast and wild yeast exists already otherwise they would only have unleavened flatbread (or rather, crackers/biscuits). What they need to do is make sure they use milk and a tangzong to start the dough as well as a pullman pan. If I see a manga using those, then I'll believe it. Not many people use the tangzong method, but it is used when making a Hokaido milk bread, and because it's a unique technique in our world, I can certainly see that making a big wow in a fantasy world.

Artisanal breads, baked in a stone oven, often have a thick, somewhat hard crust. A lot of those breads are just flour, water, salt and yeast. There was a resurgence of these after the sandwich bread craze.
I suppose I should tag @N2O and @Ktoromto since they were talking about the same thing.

I think the antics between the middle brother and the lead is what will keep me reading for a while, rather than anything about the food.

Users who are viewing this thread