I'm the Grand Duke's Consort Candidate, However, I Believe I Can Certainly Surpass It!

Why is this adorable. I love char who give no fucks for societal norms c: Ty for update and look forward to more c:

The way I see it:

MC: "I don't want to be the queen!"
While doing everything she can to be chosen queen.

The heroine is just so warm, ah! Even though I'm sure there are and will be dark undrerstones all throughout the manga.

It's been predictable so far,

MC is doing shit that will garner the prince's attention and make her one of the top queen candidates however there will be a development that would lead her befriending the other girl and pushing the prince towards her instead and she'll end up with the Knight instead

The characters' interactions are so adorable. That single moment of understanding between Mabel and Jade cracked me up 🤣😂

TBH, If I don't see this commoner turn out to be a spy or something, I'm dropping this.
You get invited to such a event, the choosing of the prince's fiance.
So the royal family is okay with commoners marrying in? Otherwise, why invite a commoner that they never intended to marry in?
The more likely explanation is that she would be a spy employed by the queen to find out who the bad cookies are in the group of girls chosen, and aid in finding the future queen.
This would add more to both the "commoner" and the queen's involvement/role in this story, whilst also explaining why she insisted on her own punishment to test Teresse.
Ofc, this is just my theory.

I just think this story will be so bland and generic if she just so happen to be only a "friend". Also adding a minor plot hole of why the hell they invited a commoner into the event only made for possible prince fiance candidates.

@Blankcanvas I won't say I am reading it closely, but.... I saw no indication that the commoner was a princess nominee, and a few reasons to believe otherwise.
Didn't they explicitly state that she is an attendant at the palace (reason why she wants to learn from her). And they mentioned in a previous chapter that anyone can participate in this talent show, regardless of social status.

That said, I am with you on the whole spy thing. That entire event was weird beyond compare. What sane person would tie the noose and hang themselves like this?

I like it, nice and cheery. I also appreciate that it doesn't feature any of the usual trendy isekai/reincarnation/cheat-power bullshit you always see in these kinds of plots these days, just a normal-ass girl using wits and charm to MC her way through the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Wait . . . she's the actual daughter of an actual Marquis? In body, mind and spirit? Not reincarnated, not time/dimension/etc/travelled, not in a game turned real, just an actual marquis' daughter?
I feel like following just for that.

Oh, I hope that Terese meets the prince with Rina around, and the ring goes off in whatever way it's supposed to, and they all dance around dealing with that wrench in their plans before they realize it's for Rina rather than Terese.

Or maybe rather than hope, I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen.

Contributor
@Purplelibraryguy:

Indeed, I've felt a couple authors as of late that seem to have realized—"wait, if I give it one of those silly names and the right sort of description, and dress it up with a couple of familiar tropes, I can go and write that possibly-generic-but-nonetheless-good-fun high-fantasy novel that I've always wanted to, and people will read it. Time travel, video game tropes, and bad writing aren't even required!"

Group Leader
Hello, in case people got confused, we apologize for the lack of awareness that result in a HUGE mistake for this series.

#1. It's not a "Prince's Consort Candidate", instead it's "Grand Duke's Consort Candidate".
#2. It's not "Principality of Aclaude", instead, it's "Aclaude Dukedom".

So yep we'll fix them on MD.
Again, I terribly apologize for this issue and the trouble we have caused for the mistranslation.

Double-page supporter
A duke can also be a prince, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread