I'm the Male Lead's Female Friend - Ch. 6

@madx1 yeah that's the only explanation I can think of for Louise's family being rich and powerful but having no status :/

it is a little weird imo bc in the first chapter or so there was actually a flashback when someone was telling Louise she can't go against the engagement bc high status should go with high status. or something like that. if I misunderstood that part oops 😂

Ehhhhhhh??????? hm how curious. SUper interested to see what the next chapter has in store!

Edit: also holy crap I just looked at the raws and realized you guys translated this chapter in less then a week so seriously good job on that thank you!

hmmmm did Ian notice it was Louise's dress that Stella had and changed it???? Man it's been so long since I read the LN.

Dex-chan lover
there's definitely something up with Stella and Rasen. If she cares so much about status and rules even down to the implied ones then why would she help Stella's crumbling house rise back up what does she have to gain from that. Louise chose not to debut in high society but it sounds like her family name is still well known, plus she's engaged to the crown prince they it has to be an affluent family

I’m kinda confused about this aristocratic talk about Louise... like does her fam not have the prestige or something??? How did she even get considered to be engaged to the crown prince then? Wait what even is Louise’s family rank? Ummm is her family just like a high rank but often forgotten in high society cuz they’re so elusive or something??? Ummmm what about the beginning with the whole high rank must be with another high rank ummmmm wtf

@JWChibi you could be right, though there is a history of there being tensions/discord between old aristocrats and new nobles/affluent merchants. The older, more established noble families were often very proud and looked down upon those who bought their titles or encroached on their lifestyle seeing them as low class imitations. Since Rasen seems to be a supporter of bloodline based nobles, she probably wants to help Stella to help give more power and prestige to the old faction as the new ones had power because of their wealth.

Essentially she's a bloodline snob who wants to raise up people like Stella to establish dominance over up and comer families like Louise's. She probably feels even greater need to do this since the royal family won't be helping that way. They don't seem to share her snobbery considering the last Empress was of commoner blood (and unknown to her Louise is engaged to the Prince).

@sxyc Louise Sweeney is from a well-known merchant family that researches, arrange and sells flowers for the aristocracy. Her mother is a daughter of a baron and became estranged with her family because she married a merchant.

@sxyc (this is a spoiler since it's not yet mentioned in the manhwa...) The Crown Prince's mother was of a commoner lineage as well, like Louise.
She died when Ian was still a little boy. Louise's and Ian's mother were friends. Mother Sweeney mentioned in passing to Ian that both mothers had wanted their kids to be betrothed with each other, though this became non-existent since Ian's mother died and it was not officially announced. But Ian being young and... believes it to be real and from then on claimed Louise to be his fiancée
sorry idk if I'm good at giving spoilers since I'm a talker... so yeah. I'll stop here.😅

I'm really liking the whole nouvea rich vs aristocracy vibe, it has the potential for the right kind of conflict. I do sincerely hope, however, that the heroine has a good excuse for using another dress. I get a little sick of the trope in these villianous mangas and novels of the heroine secretely being a terrible person. It's far more believable to have them be a nice and sincere, if stupid, character, as it makes the original setting far more believable.

@MisPen so if what you’re saying is true...
Ian decided to claim Louise as his fiancé because of some childish promise then dumped her as soon as Stella came and eventually hated her even though he is the reason their engagement became a reality.

wow i slightly dislike him because of that but whatever.

i dislike louise sweeney because her name is just irritating like. i start thinking of a farm a tractor a straw hat and goat milk it’s honestly disgusting.

but other than that she dumb asl like who tf is stella anyways why is she feeling over her just because she’s the main character. move on with your life why are you helping someone steal your own fiancé, just wait to get dumped at most like damn. other than that i really like her but her obsession over the characters and plot of the novel is just 😷

Ok, this is a bit spoiler-ish, since I read the novel to a bit in but I want to clarify a bit about Stella,
Stella, at least at the beginning of the novel is an okay-ish person, she's not particularly good or bad and seems quite human. However, the old lady we saw in this chapter is a complete hag. She's the one pitting Stella against Louise not the other way around. Where a stopped reading the story Stella's character seemed to be taking a turn for the worse.

i want to fuck over that old hag, also stella seems like a normal person? isnt she supposed to be the villainess?

@HopesEternalFlame thank you. This is the best spoiler yet non-spoiler hahaha. I already thought this was whats going on and that the woman just hates the nouveau rich or something like that and wants turns stella against her.

@MoeMoeKyun Yeah, I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into those series where the heroine turns out to be isekai'd and gets some sort of grudge. This series for now feels like it's going to go on a misunderstanding trope, considering how dense the MC is, so I would hope that this dress situation is an Ian interception and not because the heroine already has it out for Louise. I'm assuming a misunderstanding at the ball will trigger evil heroine. At least, I hope it ends up being a misunderstanding like this because I'm fairly tired of heroines who end up being from the modern world being delusional and salty that the events aren't following the original plot, or are just evil from the beginning because the og plot was one-sided.

@enyoteremchi
in the original novel, it was Louise who kept on claiming to be his fiancée because she "fell inlove with him" and I guess he went with flow since he didn't say anything until Stella appeared. In this life, it was Louise who tried to not make this happen and it was Ian who staked the claim of being Louise Sweeney's fiancé from the moment Mother Sweeney told the story because he was young and... in love(? Forgot to add this before).
I kept thinking of the Sweeney Todd movie like the other readers so it's a bit distracting when imagining the Sweeney family...
Louise believes that she's a villain and like any other isekai she believes that to avoid a bad end, the hero and heroine must get together without hating her.

@HopesEternalFlame I also actually stopped when that Stella happened. It was so frustrating to read especially when there was still about a hundred(?) chapters left.

Uhmm if I remembered correctly that isn't what rasen looks like... she looked old and villainess in the ln but she's beautiful here to be the stepmother of Cinderella louise :<

Users who are viewing this thread