I'm the Villainess, but I'm Being Captured by the Heroine?! Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - My Best Friend's Engagement was Annulled. I Need To Do My Best…

Double-page supporter
I'm kind of disappointed by the sudden poly solution, since the conflict is pretty dumb. Plus the prince looks like a decent guy but ends up like the third wheel in his own marriage, so I feel bad for him. I mean, if the future queen cares so much about Shion, she could just hire her as a lady-in-waiting, and then they'd spend all day together. There's no reason why she wouldn't be able to see her whenever she wanted.

Holy god 😳 I know that i couldn't judge her choice, but i expect to see a mutual girl love relationship of 2 girls, not this triangle love 😭

Dex-chan lover
I...that's...I guess that's a solution.

Rather, this is a harem so the two brides can share each other with their husband. At least this prince seems like a good guy.

Dex-chan lover
This entire comment section is another example of why we as a species don't deserve good things.

Embrace the relationship instead of nitpicking that "oh bull they didn't even kiss they need to show us everything" or "eww what's this consensual hetero, the guy isn't allowed in my yuri even if he's not actually a dirtbag for once". Subtlety and genuine connecting between two people can be fulfilling as well.

Oh my gosh, HAHAHAA. I love this ending. It was just so unexpected, but not in a bad way. Obviously poly isn't everyone's cup of tea (it certainly isn't mine, tbh), but this was a fun take on the villainess and heroine love stories we've seen so far in this anthology.

holy shit i didn’t they were going to go down the polyamory road!! this is literally the first time i’ve seen it where it isn’t creepy and all parties consent. this manga is insane what the hell

@Cynic

To be fair the relationship between the two does feel more like womance unlike the more explicit expressions of love shared by the het half of the polycule, and especially in a yuri anthology people expect to see the reverse.

It does feel like the punchline of the story was BOOM: polyamory, and while I appreciate that since poly representation is so severely lacking in manga it does feel like the yuri was an afterthought. Another angle would be the target of affection in the story (Maria) is homoromantic but heterosexual which would make more sense, but I doubt the author thought that far ahead especially in a work for an anthology of all things.

holy shit they went for the poly route

hell yes

(and this still seems pretty yuri to me for all those unsatisfied in the comments! and polyamory representation [terrible harems don't count] is waaaay rarer than wlw representation in manga so I'll take this with glee)

Users who are viewing this thread