I'm Working at the Church as a Priest, but I Want to Be Cut Some Slack from the Mutilated Bodies of the Heroes that Keep Getting Sent to Me

You gotta love when the summary for the series comes from the title xD

Pretty funny, but with a darker sort of gallows humor to it. Pretty gory. If neither of those things turns you off, a rather good manga. Interesting premise, with uneven art, but the characters all look good, just seems like they used a 3d render for backgrounds in some spots. Through chapter 1.5 at the time of this comment, who knows how the rest will be. *Shrugs*

What is up with these stupidly long titles for so mamy manga

Double-page supporter
@gda19 because anything shorter is already trademarked. Is not uncommon to trademark some names preemptively in order to squeeze out some money from someone that uses it, so authors create really long names that hasn't been trademarked so they can be published

Katarina needs to grow up and stop eating stuff she find on the wayside, especially if she doesn't know what it is.

Dex-chan lover
Cute idea, but a bit too dystopian for me.
Even in games, you never go into the negative. You just settle on zero. But these asshats actually ruin your life if you try to continue on with your job, especially if you're high-ranked...
You'd think that, if you're a high-spec individual, you'll be highly respected. Instead, you're highly penalized, and almost assured to be trapped by the church by-design. Kinda hard to laugh off that sort of stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn Katarina is worthless. The worst kind of worthless, the type that don't know that they are worthless and dont change

Double-page supporter
@metaldog564
Book titles literally can't even be trademarked unless they've achieved "secondary meaning" i.e. become so well known to the public they are inextricably linked to a particular work of fiction. Likely only the most popular manga that have large brands and merchandise associated with them will have trademarked names. The reason these titles are so long is an attempt to get readers' attention and stand out in a horde of other series they're practically identical to. Authors with little faith their work will stand out on its own merits will simply put the entire premise in the title in the hopes that alone will be enough to get readers' attention. Notice how this one's title is literally the same as its description. When an author can't actually write well they will simply try to come up with an eyecatching premise and fill it with fan service and wish fulfillment.

Users who are viewing this thread