Images Not Loading HELP

I can't read anything for the past two hours. Went to different stories, same thing. Cleared EVERYTHING in my browser history and cache (😭), STILL not working. Finally got the latest (loaded today) chapter to load, but I haven't read the rest of the story, so what good does that do me? I saw something about the older chapters not loading, but not how to fix it. I just want to read! I use Firefox and the downloadable app thing it has, if this helps. 😞

Group Leader
If you switch to default type reader they start loading again, at least for me.

t28

Dex-chan lover
getting the same thing but only for a specific series

https://mangadex.org/title/50496/i-summoned-the-devil-to-grant-me-a-wish-but-i-married-her-instead-since-she-was-adorable-my-new-devil-wife

other manga I read is fine but chapters 1 to 6 of this refuse to load... ch 7 however will load completely fine

I'm having the same problem, but switching to the default as @rtwpsom2 suggested worked. Hopefully they can take a look at what's wrong with the legacy version.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Devs tried to fix some API issues, broke it entirely. Working on fixing that.

And the legacy reader will continue to break, stop using it.

I've also been affected by this, and found using the default reader fixes the issue. The main reason I used the legacy reader is because sometimes I save chapters to read later, and usually do so by dragging and dropping into a folder. With the default reader you can't do this, even with swiping and click page turning switched off, meaning you have to right click and save each image. It's a bit slower, and also creates a huge list in my downloads tab. It's a minor annoyance, and one I can live with if I must, but it would be a lot easier for me to use the default reader if dragging and dropping was supported, even if it meant disabling swipe and click page turning methods.

Dex-chan lover
@Syri If you want to download the chapters to your device, I recommend the app Tachiyomi, it's more reliable and the viewer is really smooth. Though I understand if you don't want to install an extra app in your phone so yeah, just a suggestion.

As far as i can see, images currently not loading from image servers when turning off MD@H (regardless of what i choose - NA/EU1 NA/EU2 or Auto). Server response is "502 Bad Gateway". But not for all chapters - recently uploaded stuff loading ok. Default reader uses MD@H by default, so it works.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Syri

>dragging and dropping into a folder.
As in, individual images? Use something like HakuNeko/Polite Mangadex Downloader/FMD instead of doing that.
And dragging images into a folder works fine for me in the default reader, anyhow.

Neg

I have the same problem on Google Chrome. Everything works except for images. I can't remember rightly what reader I use, though it is probably Legacy. I don't like the other one because it doesn't look very good, and causes issues with things fitting on my screen, iirc.

Same issue here for several days now, I was hoping it would be fixed by now.

All chapters over a week old fail to load images and no, I refuse to use the default reader. For now I'm simply reading my manga on other sites.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Greenpeon
> no, I refuse to use the default reader
Then they're never going to load again, because the default reader is no longer capable of loading images from the archive.
And considering we set all accounts to use the default reader, I'm not convinced you *are* using the legacy reader.
https://mangadex.org/settings Switch MD@H Port Limit to :443 and see if that makes a difference.

Nope, still using the legacy reader with nothing loading. I guess the old settings are saved in my browser cache or whatever.

I don't see why you would retire the legacy reader in the first place, so many of us prefer it to its horrendous replacement.

Doesnt work with my ipad in long strip mode, but when I do singles it loads up instantly. All I get are those spinning circles that indicate a page is loading. It never properly loads.

Users who are viewing this thread