Imasara desuga, Osananajimi o Suki ni Natteshimaimashita - Ch. 52 - I'm Sorry, Hikari

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Messages
1,042
"I said something I didn't mean"
Also, a very standard usage of "I said something I didn't mean" is "I didn't mean to say those words b/c I did not want the effect" rather than a literal "I didn't mean the words". Like you say something out of anger that you didn't mean to say but the thing itself is very much rooted in something deep seated. Which ties back into all of Aya's thoughts after the statement being regret for rejecting Yuu rather than introspection on what she actually said.
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 4, 2024
Messages
597
Maruto has consistently done the thing of having Hikari and Aya do an "I didn't mean it" freak out and have an internal monologue with what it is they didn't mean. Here what follows the freak out is very specifically on rejecting him.
What follows is just her being unhappy with how things turned out, not "specifically" rejecting him.
So the only thing that could convince you is her outright spelling out "I didn't mean it when I said he was taking me for an idiot"? Because that's exactly what I meant by verbosity. She didn't go on a long tirade after which she'd have to specify what exactly she didn't mean, she just said two short sentences.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Messages
1,042
her outright spelling out "I didn't mean it when I said he was taking me for an idiot"?
Or her having any thoughts that counter her words - though thinking that through, that version isn't any better: "Yuu of course wasn't taking me for an idiot, he's just a wishy washy coward who doesn't think two steps ahead", which is more or less what she thought before she told him he was taking her for an idiot b/c those thoughts are part of why Aya thinks she'd be an idiot for getting back together with him.

Instead both the t-shirt and the novel have her immediate thoughts following be that she wants him. But not enough to actually take him back given he's rejected as of this chapter. Which yeah, maybe Hikari and Aya do a deep dive on why Aya doesn't feel secure in Yuu's feelings (b/c that's what the core of taking her for idiot means) and this time Hikari manages to get through to her that those feelings are really real, unlike in 41.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
629
Honestly if she forgives either or remains in contact with either of them at this point Hikari deserves anything and everything coming her way
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top