Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi - Ch. 2.1

Contributor
Growing up in a village full of onee-sans, must be fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dex-chan lover
@Whacka yet he still keep his cool, most likely he thinks everyone as family and not as lover

Aggregator gang
Yup, just ignore his human appearance and treat him just like the spirit/monster and nothing is weird with what he did to the adventurers...

good start for the mc i'm just hoping that when the story progress and a woman makes an advance at him he wouldn't just give a bullshit reason and cuck himself multiple times

Nah, man. Nah. You can't have the mc in one chapter butcher a bunch of innocent people, and then try to throw in a bunch of cutesy bullshit. The mc is essentially proving his parents at the start right, he is a monster and was better off for everyone dead. It's not like other stories where it's about revenge or something, nope, just him being a monster in his actions. If their intention was a character that makes you want him to actually die, rather than root for, then the author succeeded. I mean they didn't even TRY to put reasoning into it. No, the monsters have feelings, or any bs like that. No, just this is my land give me your shit or die. Not to mention him being a hypocrite too. They clearly were not going to try and kill him, fuck they even said they wouldn't, but he goes on to kill them in horrible ways, despite being pissed at them for killing a monster themselves.

@Eridian you’re thinking wrong from the start. You’re thinking about him as a human when he is essentially, not one. He wasn’t created with the idea that humans are his kind.

@Eridian
Yeah, you're looking at it all wrong. To him, his kind and family are the spirits and monsters in the forest.
The adventures killed one of his family for selfish reasons and when a warning was given they answered with violence. When sufficient power to negate their attacks was shown, more power was added to see if they could finish him off. So finally seeing that they don't respond to threats he actually commits to what he said. He isn't hypocritical for killing when they also killed since its the context behind the kills that matter. You are just flat out ignoring the context/details of the situation and claiming it makes no sense.

@KitsuVonKraft Exactly. He's just another monster/bad guy in a story. So why the fuck would anyone want to read about him. It's not even a clever or interesting character like some other villian mc's. And there is no revenge plot or justifications like in some other dark hero mc stories. You ever see the intro vid to the beast men for vermintide 2? He's essentially that.

@Ronye there is no fucking context. He doesn't explain "hey, that monster was my family" He just says "this is my land" and fucking kills them. And he is ABSOLUTELY a hypocrite. Because if they want to act like the monster was his family or something, then him going on to butcher a bunch of people in horrible fucking ways, burning to death is NOT fast, then why the fuck should we, the reader, feel for him at all? They killed a monster they didn't know was his family "if that is even the truth here" and he didn't explain jack shit to them. But when they very clearly show they DO have feelings, because of fucking course they do, he just proceeds to kill them anyways. There is no god damn way you can argue that case as being justifiable in any way without coming off as a fucking sociopath.

Aggregator gang
Wow everyone’s got some issues with the party wipe in here lol.

Simple truth, everyone’s the hero/protagonist of their own life/story.

He’s bad to the humans he killed and a hero to the family that raised him. Neither side is wrong in their own way so chill out lol

Dex-chan lover
I love how everyone always gets upset because the Mc doesn’t have the guts to wipe out a group of adventurers. But when the Mc does do it they still flip lol.

Perfect example of why you write however you want, people will complain no matter the path you take.

@Eridian
kk you seem pretty set in your ways so I won't argue the point anymore
I'll just think you're wrong and you can think I'm wrong and be done with it

Dex-chan lover
man.. so many angry, lol

my only problem with this thing is the people that raised him, they look like human, call them spirit or whatever, imo, the thing will be more acceptable if he's raised by some bear monster or something.
These spirits pretty much act like human, and with their level of intelligence, this looks more like as racial hate between intelligent race. The monster (tree stump) really doesn't enter into the equation, mc was raised to hate human because the spirit hates them. This level of savagery matters when the group of people that raised MC seems to have intelligence (heck damn, they looks like to be living in an empire, has hierarchical society), and they took care of some random baby near the forest out of love, doesn't make sense when the mc was talking about the strong devours the weak logic here, because he should have died from beginning if that was the case. The spirit seems to have high level emotional capability and they've evn shown pity to this weak baby that was him. The structured social hierarchy and such can only be maintained if these spirits has equally complex moral compass like human, meaning they should be capable of diplomacy and communication, but here, our mc just slaughter the human like that.
Naturally one can argue that the MC already warned them and it's their retribution, but his ruthlessness doesn't fit with the implied love and care that was given when they were raising them.

Will be nice if author tells the story of his childhood, and will be even more interesting to see the stance between this spirit empire and humanity. Though, the way author wrote the beginning chap makes it seem that he leaned to making the humanity as bad civilization (stupid black hair cursed child whatever keklmao), humanity here was written like some uncivilized tribe.

@Ronye i honestly think if you believe what you said, that is scary. Because he legit is a text book sociopath. And if you can't see how what he did is wrong, well, that makes me believe you have those same issues. He didn't explain anything to them, he didn't talk to them, nothing. Just leave or die, and then basically tortured them to death. Because yes, burning to death would be torture. It's one of the most painful ways a person can die. This isn't like they broke into his home and killed his dog, they fought a monster, which according to the panels attacked them first, and just straight up killed them for it, with no explanation as to why. That shows he lacks empathy or a conscious. I'm not arguing you can't like a story like this, i'm arguing that this is a genuine case of a mc being an actual sociopath, and if you legit agree with him, outside of a fantasy world or book, that is actually very concerning and you should talk with someone about shit.

Users who are viewing this thread