Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi - Ch. 2.1

@OsoJr Things just don't work that way. You can't just ambush someone in the woods and claim you own those woods. No reasonable person would believe someone saying that, and to expect them to is just stupid.

Yes, they say lets kill him, after HE says he will kill them, first. And even then they also say not to kill him as well.

And it doesn't matter if they know where exactly the fruit is, the fact people have gotten it before means it's just "around" because clearly SOMEONE came back with one at one point. Clearly people frequent that forest looking for it.

They didn't lash out for their own profit, they lashed out at some random asshole saying he is going to kill them if they don't leave their item there. That is a completely reasonable reaction to have to someone saying they are going to kill you.

I cannot believe you want to argue that the forest is a secret, when they literally say people have come from that forest with those fruits before. Clearly people know "somewhere" in that forest you can find those fruit. That isn't a debatable point in any way.

@Eridian It has been 9 hours since this was posted and you're still fighting people in the comments lmao. Your thought process around peoples enjoyment of violent fiction making them more likely to do it in real life is as stupid as all those people "deeply considered" about others enjoying violent slasher movies. I can enjoy Jason going hog wild on whatever group is introduced in the movie without ever having the thought "Boy, I'd love to go do that to real people!" cross my mind and that's the same for most people that enjoy slasher flicks. Maybe you have a problem with it but most people don't because there is a clear distinction between fiction and reality.
996c14bae79e51b51b761a574810e489.gif

@Eridian nor can you just explore random areas in the world and claim whatever you found as yours. Especially as adventurers, as workers of an organization like a guild, they have legislation they should follow. If you want to try to apply real life nuance to this fictional story, fine let's try it out. If the adventurers simply took the fruits, something worth so much as 20% a country's budget and 4 of them at most, there's no fucking way anyone or anybody wouldn't question where they got it. Even as an A-rank party, because they have no legal or rightful reason to claim it was their loot, anybody can assume they stole it from someone else. Which they technically did. It's literally like walking into a farmland and just picking a person's crops, and just because you stumbled upon it you claim it yours.

I find it ridiculous that you give all kinds of excuses for the adventurers but not the main character. They didn't ask who he was, they didn't ask if they can compromise, nor did they double back on wondering if they should really gang up on a single guy. And that's something you seem to avoid as well, yes main character was obviously stronger than them, but that doesn't change the fact that the party were about to literally 4v1 an unarmed, unarmored person because he only threatened to kill them if they didn't comply. They didn't question, they didn't debate, they didn't do either or, so he acted.

People have gotten the fruit before, yes, but they don't frequent the forest often because it's known to be dangerous. Reason probably being the main character protecting the forest.

What do you mean they didn't lash out of it for profit? They literally say "We do this for living, you can't do that", if that's not for profit then I don't know what is.

The forest IS a secret, they literally say it themselves that they have NO info past that certain point. Sure you can see a forest from the outside and say it's there, but to assume that you know what's inside is a delusion. The point is not to have adventurers return to that point in the forest again. Heck, for all we know, the main character might not even be the only one to act in that defense either. The spirits clearly showed pity that their family gets harmed, so they more than likely would be known for protecting the lives in the forest, but these adventures clearly didn't know that, so again, it's unknown.

Four strangers entered the main character's territory and literally kills those he considers family, then acts accordingly by killing the people that did so. Heck, he even gave them the option of mercy if they just dropped what they looted. Instead, they retaliate in defense to keep what they came to claim for themselves, with no real legislation or ethical reason because they plainly believe that monsters are monsters, and that's the problem with your argument, you're applying real life senses into a fictional series. You're putting more value into the life of the adventurers than the life of the monsters that the main character clearly values more, to which was taken away by the adventurers. Replace the monster with an elf or something, and I doubt you would have the same feeling to defend the adventurers.

Holy shit u guys are writting a fucking essay chill out school starting soon plenty shit for u to write

Fed-Kun's army
I was expecting yuri from the cover, what a let down

Supporter
@Eridian I assume that wasn't the first time that he encounter some adventurer, probably he was betrayed too.

Contributor
"Don't forget to teach him tolerance, since he'll need to live with all kinds of race"
"With that, to prevent him from being an aggressive human, we need to balance his skill with wisdom"

*looks back at last chapter*

...Yeah, um, great job with that. He definitely looked like he was taking a wise, tolerant approach with communicating with all kinds of races despite cultural differences when he *checks notes* demanded the humans pick up and leave and slaughtered them all when they didn't comply, only explaining what it was about and that the "monsters" were in fact his friends, halfway through the killing.

No aggressive human problems here, no siree!

Users who are viewing this thread