Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
I sure as hell didnt expect Fenrir to have that appearance xD

Dex-chan lover
So they can't kill monsters to make a living. And what does the MC feed on? The energy of the universe? Those adventurers also need to somehow make a living and put food on their tables. If killing one of those monsters(which appear not to be highly intelligent) can secure them enough funds to live comfortably for a long time, then I think it's a more environmental friendly action than killing dozens of slimes on a daily basis. This MC is just such a bully.

Dex-chan lover
@dokidoki MC who kill enemy is edgelord while MC who didn't kill is pussy. There's no in-between, either be an edgelord or a pussy MC

@Oculunus Might want to be more specific there, by your logic its perfectly fine for people to murder anything if it makes their lives easier. Also they attacked the MC first technically. In our world a situation where a resource can be found that is valuable that location will start getting looted hence Africa. I'm not saying he is 100% in the right but lets replace those humans with lets say goblins/monsters that also had some level of intelligence, you would not have given a crap that they died. And technically I think it would be better for them to kill dozens of slimes and other beasts that actually pose a threat to people compared to a tree thing?

@Kllick
People nowdays just want to find a reason to trash and mad at something. There is no reason for them to read manga other than being mad in every 'possible' way. They are trying to use 'logic' to write off this manga, but in my eyes they just a bunch of whiny kids who doesn't have anything to do.

@dokidoki
Right? The word of 'edgelord' already lost it's meaning because people like them. I think they expecting MC being naive soyboy to let the Adventures run away with a high chance of reporting it to guild. Then the guild dispatch some raid army and MC got fucked as he got captured and sold as slave or some shit.

Dex-chan lover
@LongNameIncoming
Technically, it is fine for people to kill anything, if it makes their lives easier, as long as that thing isn't protected by law. While ethically questionable, if another intelligent species appears their only choice is to establish relations with humans, so that they would be included in the law, or they won't be able to complain for being hunted, since before the establishment of modern "civilization" it was perfectly normal to kill or be killed.
I don't want to go on for too long, but the gist of what I mean is that as long as something isn't widely accepted by the society and enforced by the government then it's really just a matter of presonal interest.

They attacked him first, but he threatened them first, so unless they planned to comply to it, it would be stupid for them to wait till he attacks first.

If that tree thing was a goblin or another common monster then the MC wouldn't even care either, so this hypocrisy works both ways.

@Oculunus Dude, read again page 17 and 18.
He did not kill them because they kill the jewel tree. He literally said he did not blame them for killing monsters. The reason he asked for the fruit back is to prevent more people to come there again to search for more fruit. And he killed them because they refuse to return the fruit.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, for a second I thought he did something clever instead of just Kano'ing the priest

Dex-chan lover
If his goal is to prevent more people from being directed to that location to exploit its resources and kill its inhabitants, why even give them the escape option? His whole ultimatum just specified to leave the fruit, not a peep about refraining from telling others about that place nor any speck of leverage (well, there was some with the practical demonstration of his power level but he was committed to executing them at that point).

Like...damn, MC, you managed to simultaneously be too edgy and not edgy enough.

Dex-chan lover
@SleepyDemon
It's known as a threat and warning, sending them back would mean they'd be warned that they are stepping on his territory and he will defend it, sometimes it's better to leave someone alive than to kill them (this was used in wars in the past to stoke fear into the hearts of enemies), just killing them means he did just that, 4 adventurers go missing, not unheard of.

@SleepyDemon
Just as @Tatsuya-Kai said, it served as a threat so they didn't try to invade it, but it can have opposite effect, it can either make them move to exterminate them or make them stay away from that forest.

Killing them could start an investigation of that forest, and that also pose a problem.

Double-page supporter
Oh? Oh!! Okay we gonna start like this? No mercy for those who show no mercy themselves. Edgy but hey, still gonna read it.

you know what? i'm down with this, less for the reasons he gave for why he killed them but more so because that group of adventurers names were just stupid (tumor? TUMOR??)

Fed-Kun's army
Hmmmm... what’s this? A bunch of low rank adventures went missing? Better raise the rank. Hmmmm.... what’s that? High rank adventures went missing? Better make the quest max rank then! Hmmmm.... what’s that? They all go missing? Somethings there better send everything we have + the army into the forrest and hunt the thing in there cause it’s clearly a threat!

Contributor
So far this seems too "edgy" for my tastes: Even if I were to suppose that his reasons are nominally sound, the narrative choice to first show him brutally slaughtering a bunch of generic hero-types (who seemed like totally sane and normal people right until they started talking to the protagonist, at which point they suddenly devolved into dumb bullies for some inexplicable reason) in this way, seems telling.

Of course this could yet turn around right next chapter and surprise me with insightful social commentary, or a reasonably nuanced depiction of the complicated or melancholy mental landscape of a lad who's forced to treat his own kind as the enemy, or, well—anything other than what I'm left expecting after this chapter, which is just "I kill people i don't like, which the plot gives me a lot of, and I have all the monster girlfriends". XD

Users who are viewing this thread