Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2

Dex-chan lover
The snake literally hushed you, and still the comment-section has people talking :eek:

I wonder how a hushing snake sounds like, hard to imagine it done with a hissing accent.

Dex-chan lover
vNyGqmc.png

Dex-chan lover
I wish less stories were so cut-and-dry about one race being corrupt and greedy and the rest being just noble savages, instead of showing nuanced and interesting conflicts of interest in which neither party is completely morally right or wrong but shown with some sense of just two conflicting motives, like a need for one nation to expand because it needs more food and materials for its population, and thereby it settles on the land of someone else, or that the two groups are facing cultural barriers and fundamental philosophical disagreements that they can not reconcile.

"Drrrr Humans are bad and greedy" is not the most interesting of takes anymore, really.

Double-page supporter
Hah! Worry no more cuz you'll receive retribution next chapter lowly humans.

Contributor
Ah yes, this is definitely one of those series with great subtleties between the good guys and the bad guys. /s

Look I'm a fan of a good "humans are the real monsters" plot as much as the next human, but this is so ham-handed—the noble, cute, pretty, sympathetic and sexy un-humans, and the ugly, vicious, dumb, foul humans—I swear it just about feels nothing but racist towards humans, instead. XD

Like if you took the blatant good/evil characterizations one or two steps further you could almost cross the line twice and turn it into social commentary in its own right, but this just feels vaguely insulting to my intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread