Imokusa Reijou desu ga Akuyaku Reisoku wo Tasuketara Kiniiraremashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Changing Frontier and the Unfashionable Lady

Dex-chan lover
Oh, they skip a part of the story here.
After the crop success, the reputation of the lord started to go up enough to not be outcast anymore, so Agnes decides to hire employees.
Because she doesn't really like standing out, and also because she has the reputation to be ugly. She decides to take a maid's clothes while doing the interview.
Of course, no one suspect her to be the madam they are supposed to serve. One of them was a lady from another house. She didn't want to be a simple maid, but to be the personal maid of the lord in the hope to become his mistress, then wife.
There are some drama with her taking the interview and of course at some point (when the lady try to hit Agnes) she tells who she is, it was a cold shower for everyone. Also, the ML did hear her insult his wife, needless to say, she wasn't hired.

At the end, Agnes hires the most unfortunates people of the group. A widow, a single mother and a young boy. With accommodation for them. The employee realizes they were given a chance and are now fire up. They decided to chant to everyone in town how the new madam is a generous woman that decides to hire the most unfortunates people. And how the lord love his wife, and they are nothing like the last lord.

The lady that wanted to be mistress decide at first to badmouth Agnes, but the new maid praise her to no end, so it backfires. Because of shame and because no one does business with them anymore, her family (baron) decides to move out to another territory.

After that, the reputation of the lord become good enough for merchant to hear about. Come the dude who contact Agnes to buy all the useless stuff at the end of the chapter.

Last edited:
Supporter
Me when I turn on the bathroom light at 5AM to pee
image.png

I had forgotten, but her family did dress that strangely.
I wonder if they also won't recognize their daughter/sister. Considering plot, probably not.
Yeah, her family is loony toons, and also why she remarked in chapter 7 that throwing around a 50 lb bag of fertilizer was "nothing."

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if they also won't recognize their daughter/sister. Considering plot, probably not.
They will recognize her immediately. They are her family, they have seen her without make up at home. You know, like you have probably seen your mother/father/sibling in the morning, without make up and with bed hair. It's the same

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the summary! (Although I'm sorry I literally snorted when I read "a window" :ROFLMAO: I knew you might mean "a widow" but I couldn't help it).
It's a shame we can't see those scenes. Agnes and Kelly are just adorable I want to see more of them.

Whoopss seems like I forgot to click reply to another comment. Oh welll

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the summary! (Although I'm sorry I literally snorted when I read "a window" :ROFLMAO: I knew you might mean "a widow" but I couldn't help it).
It's a shame we can't see those scenes. Agnes and Kelly are just adorable I want to see more of them.

Whoopss seems like I forgot to click reply to another comment. Oh welll
Don't worry, I see it.
Yeah, sorry, English isn't my native language and I admit, I struggle with word like widow/window. Thx for the correction ^^

Dex-chan lover
While I'm enjoying this, and think it's all very cute - I'm annoyed that the original character design of her, when she was wearing the 'old-fashioned' clothing, was thrown out. That design felt fresh and unique compared to the same old-same old design she has now, I thought it was cute.
They could have made it that she's just an eccentric who is particular about her fashion or whatever, but anyway, I think it's a shame to remove one of the more unique characteristics of the series so early on.

While I'm enjoying this, and think it's all very cute - I'm annoyed that the original character design of her, when she was wearing the 'old-fashioned' clothing, was thrown out. That design felt fresh and unique compared to the same old-same old design she has now, I thought it was cute.
They could have made it that she's just an eccentric who is particular about her fashion or whatever, but anyway, I think it's a shame to remove one of the more unique characteristics of the series so early on.
Thats a really good point, they could have spent some time with her having a hard time moving on from how her family dresses, and eventually she develops her own unique sense of style that maybe isn't as extreme as her family's but not as cookie cutter as what it is now.

Dex-chan lover
Is the traveler guy from earlier the prince?
Yep
Thats a really good point, they could have spent some time with her having a hard time moving on from how her family dresses, and eventually she develops her own unique sense of style that maybe isn't as extreme as her family's but not as cookie cutter as what it is now.
The thing is, in the book, it's mentioned she hates her family's style. She was forced to wear it for some twisted old pride, but dreamed of being able to wear normal clothes like everyone. So this type of development doesn't fit the character here.

Fed-Kun's army
This would work if she doesnt actively hate how her family dressed her up. Like if the case was that she is very sheltered young lady who thought that the century-style outfits & make-ups she wore is normal, only to found out that its not at all, then your suggestion would make perfect sense. But its been established from the very 1st chapter that she wore those dress not because she want it, but because she’s afraid that her family will beat her up if she rebelled & all she wants is to wear normal clothing, which finally happened to her when she got married

Group Leader
Waiting for the next chapter, thank you for working on this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
But its been established from the very 1st chapter that she wore those dress not because she want it
Yes, and I established that I wish that hadn't been established because I liked her "antiquated" design. It was unique.
Why would the current story hold it back, when I'm saying there should have been some changes to the story to allow her to keep said design? She could have loved that clothing and worn it, and her family mistreated her for her eccentricity, or something along those lines - is it really so hard to come up with a justifiable reason for her to keep wearing those clothes?

Yes, and I established that I wish that hadn't been established because I liked her "antiquated" design. It was unique.
Why would the current story hold it back, when I'm saying there should have been some changes to the story to allow her to keep said design? She could have loved that clothing and worn it, and her family mistreated her for her eccentricity, or something along those lines - is it really so hard to come up with a justifiable reason for her to keep wearing those clothes?
But the whole family actually liked those clothes, and she didn't. She hated the values, the clothes, and how she never could wear the dresses she wanted to and they hit her for being against the antique lifestyle. Her shoes didn't fit because they gave her shoes from the past. Yes, they should have made her design better, but she really liked the freedom of her cookie-cutter clothes. They're different and "cuter" than what she used to wear. Here are chapters that are missing: https://mangatoto.com/series/122659

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm

Alright Kirk, I'm gonna need to rewind to before the reaction from Yatara.

Alright, perfect.

Now play that glorious moment 5000 more times for me

Dex-chan lover
I hope we get to see a scene later on where the one lady running the stall who saw her in maid clothes earlier realizes it was actually the lord's wife she was talking to.

Users who are viewing this thread