Imokusa Reijou desu ga Akuyaku Reisoku wo Tasuketara Kiniiraremashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Unfashionable Lady and the Frontier Lit with Hope

Dex-chan lover
Is Danc a German word or name? Or is it just some random name the author came up with?

Dex-chan lover
I look forward to the inevitable memeing of the horse's expressions. Or, put another way, the danc memes.

...I'll show myself out.

Is Danc a German word or name? Or is it just some random name the author came up with?
We chose "Danc" because the Japanese, ダンク, actually phonetically translates more directly to Dunk, or to Dank if you pronounced the "a" like "ahh". But since both Dunk and Dank are already English words, they don't sound good and would seem pretty goofy based on their meanings. "Danc" seemed like a nicer way of handling the translation as something that would be sounded out more like the Japanese word, and spelled with a little more elegance. What do you guys think? :)

Dex-chan lover
We chose "Danc" because the Japanese, ダンク, actually phonetically translates more directly to Dunk, or to Dank if you pronounced the "a" like "ahh". But since both Dunk and Dank are already English words, they don't sound good and would seem pretty goofy based on their meanings. "Danc" seemed like a nicer way of handling the translation as something that would be sounded out more like the Japanese word, and spelled with a little more elegance. What do you guys think? :)
Thank you for the explanation. It turns out that the author seems to come up with odd sounding name. I thought this was just another example of Japanese author using German names/words again 😅 I think you made the best possible choice for this, considering the source.

So this happens every new moon? Why do people still live here?

The story is cute, but it’s moving too fast. Everything is resolved so quickly that there’s no excitement at all.

Users who are viewing this thread