In Another World, I'm Called: the Black Healer - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

"Purification Time".. It gives me the creeps just trying to imagine what that disgusting priest has done to Liliam up until now.. :s
I guess church really is a dreadful thing no matter in what world you are in. :u

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm... Shouldn't Reene tell the prince about thee high priest's skill "The Power of Words"? Like, caution him that the high priest can subtly brainwash people? That seems like a major information...

@kur0g4m1 basically every bloody church in an isekai is rotten to the bloody core. Wish there was some that aren't shown to be disgusting power abusing pope's or priests. A change of pace and antagonists.

Dex-chan lover
@Mefiu7 It's kind of low hanging fruit, I guess. It's easy to include a political power hungry faction in the church because that's the kind of people we'd expect to exist in positions of power in the real world. People that actually want positions of power generally want them for selfish reasons.

It probably would be refreshing for them to not be straight up cartoonish villains all the time, though. You can be a selfish, power hungry leader without going quite to this extent to be an obvious "mid-boss" for the protagonist to deal with. If the church leadership were to have behaved much more like the prince has been, while still being "villains" for the story, now THAT would have been more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Sure lets not mention that the priest guy has slight brain washing powers to anyone.... like cmon Reene

Dex-chan lover
@mefiu7 Saihate no Paladin has a pretty cool Church, though since the main character is a Paladin (i.e. Priest/Fighter multiclass, though his build is actually Fighter/Priest/Wizard) I guess that's to be expected.

Dex-chan lover
"Plebeians"
"Filth"

Wow, this church has a really advanced vocabulary for their hypocrisy

Supporter
On page 7 and 8, she could have just pointed out the the only thing she wants is to find a way home and see her parents. Since this directly contradicts what they just said about how Gaia's children should act (not being involved with "peasants" and replacing their family name with 'mene gaia'), the church couldn't fulfill that wish without breaking their own rules.
To drive the message even further, she could have asked the Light healer if the church would let him do that if it's what he wanted.

Also, it is annoying that almost every one of these stories involving a church has it run by someone so obviously corrupt. Not every pope was Rodrigo Borgia/Alexander VI, and even then, the actual person was a lot more subtle and secretive about his corruption.
It's like someone played Assassin's Creed 2, made a character like Borgia, and then every other author just copied the first one as if that's how all organized religions are like.

I'm very confused by how age works in this world. The author explained that more MP = longer lifespan, but this new guy has much lower MP than the high priest, but looks way younger despite being older. Doesn't this break the rules? Does the [Child of Gaia] skill passively grant immortality? Seems unlikely. Otherwise they'd be more common and that doesn't match how the skill was explained anyway.

Since Reene has such an extreme amount of MP and is still leveling up, she's going to be practically immortal as far as the lore is concerned, that is unless aging mechanics pull a nonsensical maneuver like they did in these last two chapters, in which case we really have no idea how long she'll live or in what manner her appearance will change over time.

I don't mind there being a modifier on aging when it comes to fantasy settings, but I'd prefer if it was consistent at least.

Ignore everything I said. The aging stuff is still weird, but apparently its all cosmetic in this case, so... /shrug.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Misuzu. Being around all those nobles isn't going to make for much of a fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread