In Another World, I'm Called: the Black Healer - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Double-page supporter
Called it. He did it on accident.
That said... Oof. Not digging the "destined lovers" shoujo romance vibe, but that's just personal preference. I'm feeling a series conclusion not being too far off, though.

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor I feel like it could go either way myself, I'd be fine with it ending while it's still good and before it starts to spiral, but I also kind of want it to continue longer. The translation this time was a little rougher than usual too.

Dex-chan lover
Holly crap that twist. Is the series ending soon, or is it already ended in japan

Contributor
I just now realized that this is a Shoujo manga... not that it's a bad thing, and I like the direction the story is taking. I bet she decides to stay with him.

Dex-chan lover
@Suisuigo the raws show that it's on the 38th chapter and based off the last page of chapter 38, it doesn't seem like it has ended yet

Dex-chan lover
@agentkuga well i did some digging just now. According to novelupdates the light novel ended in volume 5
I wonder if the manga's pace is the same as the LN

Double-page supporter
Wait, wasn't she summoned by the asshole king guy?

@seekermoc
You should have suspected it when they introduced the two guard bishounen.
It's been a reverse harem since then, more or less.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, she wants to know how to go back so she don't do it by accident, kkkk.

I don't know how it was written in Japanese but Gaia is the goddess of earth (mother of everything) in grec mythologie. So shouldn't it be "meet her"?

Dex-chan lover
So conscious Reene couldn't care less about love even when surrounded by a harem of knights, but dream Reene wants to do everything she can to be with the Demon King. That's dumb. They could have at least conveyed that she felt lonely or like she was subconsciously looking for someone to foreshadow it. It's a fated lovers plot but there has been no reference to romance before this point, so why would any reader look forward to this development? Because he's generically handsome and his autism could be interpreted as being mysterious? The whole cycle of destruction and rebirth by the demon king is also completely disconnected from how this series started. It's all this melodrama suddenly being rushed out even though for the last 25 chapters or so there's been nothing but tranquility. Who does that appeal to? It feels like an author just wanting to rush to a conclusion. I've felt the plot was getting rushed since Reene learned demon's have space-time magic. Almost immediately after she becomes acquainted with demon nobility who just hand her to the Demon King.

Dex-chan lover
@konaka: Japanese rarely uses pronouns, so translator have to guesswork it when none are presented, although I think these days the singular 'they' are acceptable as alternative when the gender is ambiguous.

@Garrett: They did indeed do the ritual, but maybe it would've failed or get someone else, and Gaia decided to hijack it to summon Reene over.
It would explains why Reene didn't show up in that palace despite the ritual seemingly succeeded.

Users who are viewing this thread