In Another World, I'm Called: the Black Healer - Vol. 7 Ch. 49

thanks for the axed series. hopely you will safely return to the earth.

Maybe I’m an ***hole for saying this but I’m really satisfied with Viola’s death. I find it irritating when people try to harm the main character and the main character is like “no they’re just misunderstood uwu I’m a good girl and I don’t hate anyone uwu” very annoying. Male character will straight up merc a slightly annoying character but female characters have to be nice to everyone? Cut the bs

@Seraphrose Preach! It's especially annoying when the person in question keeps popping up and getting people hurt or killed because they won't get rid of them. Like I get not wanting ro kill people, it's a terrible thing, but everyone they hurt because you were too busy loving the world is hurt by proxy because of you!

This ending felt rushed but overall satisfying since it tied up all the loose ends, no matter how hastily it did so. I certainly have had much, MUCH, worse endings so overall happy!

Quite surprised that It turned into a Romance, I imagined something more RPG like. Well, it was quite enjoyable though I think that the end was a bit rushed, I hoped for Renee to have a change in character and to become a bit less mercifull maybe. Well, that was quite enjoyable and I appreciated this serie.

Yesterday, I read the whole mange in one go till 2 am but couldn't write a comment bc the server was on maintenance, so today I'm gonna roast the last chapter a tinyy little bit which I already wanted to do right after finishing it.
Why the hell is it so f*cking rushed? I wanted at least one more chapter so why?! There are so many obvious loop holes that are left to be answered and I got really upset w how the whole story was wrapped up in that one chapter. The author could've ended the story in chapter 50 or chapter 49 w an epilogue and that would make everyone happy but NO there's no such thing. Well, can't complain tho, the ending went all in all almost like what I've expected but it just wasn't in a complete satisfying way bc of the haste

this ended????? so she wanted to think about wether she'll go back home or not and it just got resolved in 1 panel huh

...anyway, thank you for the great translation!

The only problem with this ending is it eliminated all the character development of the Protagonist. She values her independence and connections with others. Suddenly her powers are out of control so she is permanently trapped in the cage she always feared. How is this OK?

Aggregator gang
The translation is very much appreciated. Can't say thank you enough. The story though man was that ending just completely off.

Overall I enjoyed this very much.
I was hoping to see more fight scenes and the fl being bad ass like in the beginning, but the second half she was just being saved instead :(
Well, I guess it's hard to wrap up the story sometimes, i dunno.

Double-page supporter
Even if rushed before cancellation, kinda just a wet fart of an ending. Seems like there was a ton of space that they could have used to do pretty much anything other than that whole pointless abduction part two plotline. Oh well.

@PyroclasticFlow Yeah, I originally thought Viola would have a minor love rival -> friend relationship with the MC, but they just made her an 800 year old spoiled toddler. Not only did she kidnap Noche's soulmate candidate, she even teamed up with the man he despises most in the world. Yet she acts like she respects/loves Noche. She just wants everything to go here way.

@minjungchoi Yeah I thought it was going to be similar to "Potion Danomi de Ikinobimasu" with the MC being a healer, but still being willing to fight (though maybe not be quite as much of a sociopath).

it was a good story overall id say but pretty unsatisfying ending tbh

I wish we had one more chapter.
Like, did they have kids? Can we see the moment she passes in that world and returns to her original world the moment she was taken?
Felt really rushed.

Double-page supporter
I'd bet the publisher fired the editor, then told the mangaka this is boring, but I'll let you finish. You get one more chapter, then you're done. Make it count.

Mangaka says ok, I'll have her end a troubled situation like she has through the whole series: someone will pick her up an run away!

Yeah no, she doesn't deserve the power that she has, I want another isekai, or fantasy manga with a better mc with the same power to use any magic he can think of, she literally did nothing, like seriously wtf. She had one chance to redeem herself and save herself but she had to be saved again, this is sad

I agree with everyone else here that this ending kinda sucked.

While I would've been pissed if she didn't choose to stay with Noche (since was the blatantly obvious choice), the way the story ended so abruptly was disappointing. There wasn't really even a fight scene. It was just "Demon Lord ex machina" and it ended. The way the main story arc (the soulmate pact) finished was also disappointing. It's good that it finally happened at least, but it wasn't much better than just having "and they lived happily ever after" with how rushed the ending became after she agreed to it. What does "making the pact" look like? It was never shown. We never even find out what happened afterward. All we know is that she's unable to leave the castle for who knows how many years since the author never bothered resolving it.

Sure the story was getting boring by this point, but trying to tie up every loose thread in a few panels is unacceptable. It needed a few more chapters to deal with the villain and show what happened after the pact was made. We never even got to see what life in the Demon World is like. Reene will be there for the next 5000 years, but we don't even know what the place looks like at all. For a character so obsessed with "freedom," she did a very good job tying herself down to a single city to the point that she had no freedom whatsoever (constantly surrounded by guards, needs to ask permission to go anywhere, isn't allowed to do anything dangerous (i.e. "fun"), etc.), then she ends up even more restricted even though it was a "good ending." It's almost like the author forgot they were writing an adventure story and rolled it into a romance/political drama story partway through.

Instead of trying to save the soulmate pact for the grand finale, the author should've resolved that much earlier on since it obviously wasn't that big of a deal, cut out all the boring political stuff, and leaned on the "adventure" aspect a lot more. Why did Reene become an adventurer if she never did any adventuring? Couldn't the author have made her travel to the Demon World by her own efforts instead of just being taken there out of nowhere? Why does she have such powerful offensive magic if she's worthless in a fight (OP damsel-in-distress MC doesn't work)? Why did she say she wanted to get stronger, then not do anything? Now that she's the second most powerful being in the world (which is dumb because she didn't earn it at all), isn't there something interesting she could be doing?

well sadly the author lost he/she 's way in the later part of the story, like this last villain was beyond stupidy, like wtf dude, such a dumb nonsense logic, she had live for 800 years but her mind was alike a 12yo old spoled girl, really this was the best villain you could think of author ? Welp it was fun at the start, stupid and boring in the end, but was still a enjoyable experience, i love the word bulding and the soulmates and demon queen/kings role, was very romentic and tragic at the same time, the word bulding was very unique. I don't feel sad that it end it bcuz it was normal to happen, the story was stuck and going nowhere. I give a 6,5/10✨ in my opinion. Could had been way better, but welp😑

Users who are viewing this thread