In the Gardens of Gehenna - Ch. 8 - Betrayer

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I was suspicious of Riko's investment on Mary, but I didn't think she was the "traitor" Colin mentioned before. Good job there, author!

Oh yeah, despair.

Contributor
Okay..... let's list all the batshit insane tags here :
  1. Lolicon
  2. Yuri
  3. Rape
  4. Incest
  5. Impregnation
  6. Pregnant
  7. Abortion
  8. Yandere
  9. Guro
  10. (what else ?)
Bullying and child abandonment. Not actually guro, just gore (it's better not confusing things, maybe you meant snuff). Tags aside, having a triangle here wasn't a wholesome surprise... since it's completely broken. Surely not a series for everyone, but gets published in Yurihime, several steps beyond KitaKimi (it started being published not much later from ending this one).

Dex-chan lover
Bullying and child abandonment. Not actually guro, just gore (it's better not confusing things, maybe you meant snuff). Tags aside, having a triangle here wasn't a wholesome surprise... since it's completely broken. Surely not a series for everyone, but gets published in Yurihime, several steps beyond KitaKimi (it started being published not much later from ending this one).
I think it was also a miscarriage rather than abortion? Could be misremembering.

Contributor
I think it was also a miscarriage rather than abortion? Could be misremembering.
I wasn't the one who made that list, but it was neither, her father forced her to dispose of it. She had the child, got killed (by her parent) and then she buried it.

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for translating!!
Wow, I am shocked that authorities were already alerted and they still let Colin's gross dad "transfer" her.
I'm a bit confused though, is Colin not her real name? Maybe her dad made her start going by that instead of Momo?

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't the one who made that list, but it was neither, her father forced her to dispose of it. She had the child, got killed (by her parent) and then she buried it.
Aight so i went back and reread the whole thing: Colin doesn't say her dad killed or hurt the baby, just that he wouldn't let her take the baby to the hospital.

That can be read in a LOT of different ways: It does more or less rule out a miscarriage or abortion, but leaves a few options.

1: Live birth. It's possible the baby was born but got sick and died one way or another.
2: Premature birth: Given Colin's age this is fairly likely. Girls that young who get pregnant often have difficulty carrying to term for a number of reasons - and premature birth is usually a death sentence without medical intervention.
2: Her dad killed the baby - self explanatory, though contextually it feels like the least likely option since, while he is an absolute monster, he doesn't generally seem to be physically abusive*
---
* I'm counting the sexual abuse/rape in a separate category from direct physical abuse on this one.
While he does use physical force if she tries to resist the rape, he doesn't seem to beat her for other reasons like having a bad day at work, or just for fun. It's specifically as an aspect of the sexual abuse.

Group Leader
It's unclear actually. It was possibly a late-term one. Considering her age, having a child would have been dangerous and I have no idea how the father could get away with it. A late-term miscarriage or premature birth seems far likelier, even though that could also be dangerous.

Group Leader
While he is an absolute monster, he doesn't generally seem to be physically abusive*
---
* I'm counting the sexual abuse/rape in a separate category from direct physical abuse on this one.
While he does use physical force if she tries to resist the rape, he doesn't seem to beat her for other reasons like having a bad day at work, or just for fun. It's specifically as an aspect of the sexual abuse.
The bruises in the first page say otherwise
01.webp

Contributor
Forced miscarriage, baby abandonment or murdering are still the same outcome/crime. It's left untold for a reason, though child pregnancy doesn't equal to miscarriage all the times, it's more about complications for the mother.

Thank you so much for translating!!
Wow, I am shocked that authorities were already alerted and they still let Colin's gross dad "transfer" her.
I'm a bit confused though, is Colin not her real name? Maybe her dad made her start going by that instead of Momo?
Colin and Mary are a reference to the book The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. When Mary gives her name, she responds "In that case, I'm Colin" which means she chose it in response to that. This lines up with how she often lies about herself to match Mary. Doing this also helps prevent Mary from finding out anything about her by asking around.

Users who are viewing this thread