In the Land of Leadale - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this straight
Summoning a monster to carry your shit is unbelievable.
But at the same time there is people creating rock golems to attack you?
And you have absolutely no counter measures against such enemies? Its not like you need any crazy equipment you just need a big hammer or pickaxe lol.
Chivalric order my ass they shake in their boots 5 seconds in and their only tactic is charging with swords in a world full of magic.
Wow its almost like isekai mangaka cant think 2 steps ahead!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And you have absolutely no counter measures against such enemies? Its not like you need any crazy equipment you just need a big hammer or pickaxe lol.
Chivalric order my ass they shake in their boots 5 seconds in and their only tactic is charging with swords in a world full of magic.
Maybe because summoning monster is out of their current magic tech? since with golem, you can use the earth itself to manipulate the doll and the summoner are nearby

I would like to say, being partial with the story, it's not that they can't beat the golem, didn't the beginning of the chapter mentioned that they're really underequipped? i would completely agree if they didn't mention that though

Dex-chan lover
IIRC in that world the rock golems are more like creatures than creations (from reading the LN).
And summoning stuff requires skills instead of spells, which only players and similar individuals can actually learn.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC from the novel, the difference between the golems and the summoning magic, is that for the summons you have to search out and either tame, befriend, or dominate the monster you're summoning. In comparison, the rock golems are just animated earth.

So people are shocked when Cayna tells them that she is strong enough to not only overpower, but make a subordinate out of a monster that is fast enough to complete a multi-day journey in just half a day, while carrying her, a donkey, and enough supplies to serve a small garrison.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC in that world the rock golems are more like creatures than creations (from reading the LN).
And summoning stuff requires skills instead of spells, which only players and similar individuals can actually learn.
They're likewise similarly shocked because summoned Rock Golems are likely that rare an occurence. I'm pleased though that the author made provisions to say that their swords were ill-suited to fight them, and they needed striking weapons, which I take to mean blunt-force. Many don't, and just make their characters power through with guts, OP skills, and swords made of exotic materials that can cleave through Dragons and the mountain behind them.

And to the Adjutant...even at a glance, do those knife-ears look "human" to you? Surely you've at least heard tales of beings like her, who are long-lived and wizened enough to be that powerful.

Dex-chan lover
the manga is always funnier than what I remember from the anime

also, I think translator can use anime sub for reference to translate those weird names

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread