Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Vol. 9 Ch. 45

Double-page supporter
I was enjoying the binge read. But then I saw a change in translators. I tend to read comments before I read the next chapter so I know what I'm getting myself in to. I made the mistake of NOT doing that this time. Making yet another fun read a chore. Also found out why comicdom has so many unfinished/discontinued series.

Maybe its time to see if I can learn how to MTL a manga, and then edit it so it resembles english. considering that its the only language I know, I think I have a shot. My biggest problems are time and my short attention span.
Welp, time for a crash course in doing something I have no talent for...oh gawd
You should join a group or find a some people who can help you out with it. Scanlating isn't just translating, it's also
  • proofreading
  • cleaning (removing JP text from the bubbles)
  • typesetting (adding EN text to the bubbles)
  • and sometimes redrawing (removing JP text that isn't in bubbles and redrawing the content behind it) if you're really dedicated
Also helps to have a more experienced JP translator to help you out every now and then, if the MTL gives you something you REALLY can't understand.

Dex-chan lover
Do you want $30?
I couldn't care less about getting paid. I'm mostly interested in trying because I'm tired of seeing a backlog of untranslated series I was reading being dropped/ignored by these groups. I probably won't even bother posting what I do even if it is passable.

Dex-chan lover
I couldn't care less about getting paid. I'm mostly interested in trying because I'm tired of seeing a backlog of untranslated series I was reading being dropped/ignored by these groups. I probably won't even bother posting what I do even if it is passable.
why not share your work with others if it's passible? You could add a pre/end card detailing your opinion if you worry about achieving the effect of comicdom or am I missing something?

Dex-chan lover
why not share your work with others if it's passible? You could add a pre/end card detailing your opinion if you worry about achieving the effect of comicdom or am I missing something?
I guess. But in the time I first thought about trying, I have yet to have time. Seems I'm lazier than I thought

Dex-chan lover
Really? Masaru knew how to make glass and had the ingredients available to do it and also somehow had the time/resources to make the fricken furnaces and tools needed for it. It's been so annoying this series with his insanely vast knowledge but this took the cake for me.

At least make it so he had a month and it'd make it somewhat more believable but he only has a week which is waaay not enough time to do what he's doing (Which he's already wasted 1 day and potentially a 2nd day so really only 5 days).

Contributor
Fused the picture

ry96DWQ.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I think I may start a group call "ComicDomCorrections" and just rip, proofread, and upload chapters that people can actually READ.

Dex-chan lover
some lines have problems but as long as i understand whatever is happening, its all good.

its good that people are speading the word about comicdom/yuricutegurl/shadowed117/the many other names he/she's used, and all the crap they've pulled. from sniping works already being translated to outright lying to people stealing any of the donations made and more its crazy that mangadex still lets them upload. theres a lot more too it too, googling just comicdom will show they've done a lot of pretty heinous stuff and its far from the first time or group they've done it with. now they are either mass saving extension MTL's and trying to pass it off as translation work or are having such a hard time recruiting(because word of mouth travels fast in the scanlation community) and just get whoever is willing to fall for their pitch regardless of the end result.
google comicdom and check some of the reddit posts if you havent already, some of the shits crazy. they've even had other teams that were working on stuff reach out to them and he/she doesnt care its just whatever he can do to make more money, at one point i think local law enforcement were supposedly involved. it's in the Philippines i believe it was though so hard to check that. but they(comicdom and her many aliases and group names not the translator teams) have pulled a lot of crappy shit in there profit hunt.
its why series they've done will start off decent and then have drastically different changes in quality and translation even thought the same group name is on it. one person was even working for them as a full time job and never paid for an entire month of work having to skip a semester of school, and they're far from the only one screwed over by yuri, or whatever name they use now.

edit: i'd say to report their current upload account but idk if thats allowed since they must technically not be breaking the rules since the uploads are being accepted by dex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread