Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Vol. 9 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
It's all so tiresome with Comicdom.
Yeah, see, that’s what I was afraid of. I don’t mind paying commissions for under-the-radar series to be done, stuff that’ll likely never get an official translation. But done like this… it just seems so sketchy. And it’s a bummer watching all the series that Comicdom touches get 100% dropped by everyone else translating it ☹️

Power Uploader
Yeah, see, that’s what I was afraid of. I don’t mind paying commissions for under-the-radar series to be done, stuff that’ll likely never get an official translation. But done like this… it just seems so sketchy. And it’s a bummer watching all the series that Comicdom touches get 100% dropped by everyone else translating it ☹️
Can you really blame them though? Even if the current group still keep working on it, they'll have to fill the backlog first because the released chapters are unreadable, and with low moral already, that's gonna take even longer lol.

Dex-chan lover
Can you really blame them though? Even if the current group still keep working on it, they'll have to fill the backlog first because the released chapters are unreadable, and with low moral already, that's gonna take even longer lol.
I'm perfectly fine with a new group having a credit page or two with them clarifying names and badly picked up plot points. I'm getting most of what's going on and if I'm still here despite bad translations, the story is just that good

Dex-chan lover
$30? For your team? What team? Google Translate, DeepL, and other machine translators with you being the only human working on it?

Can the staff just ban this person already?
He has a team, or had at least. Their old discord server collapsed, because staff was fed up with not getting paid at all even though there were promises and ComicDom was making a lot of money, thus they called it a scam and announced it to the whole userbase until the server got deleted by the owner.

Oh man I'm laughing my ass off. $30? Bro I could translate it myself with Google Lens in realtime and get almost the same result as I see here. If it takes 5-10h for one chapter and you want $30 for the rest, you can invest the extra hour or two to try to make it fucking parseable in the target language. If that extra time makes it not worth it economically, then just drop it so someone else can pick it up.

Just lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I hope no idiots pay this fool $30 for this dumpster fire of "scanlation." I've seen people upload scans they ran through MTL and edited make more sense than whatever this is.

I wonder what name "Comicdom" will show up with once this scam collapses.

Dex-chan lover
cover3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
was this translation so bad? maybe i read through it to quickly? compared to others i've seen that were jsut google translated this seemed not so bad? or obvious?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that’s the big issue. Something like 5 or 6 little series I used to LOVE reading got jacked up by this, and might never see updates unless the stars align 😑

Power Uploader
I'm perfectly fine with a new group having a credit page or two with them clarifying names and badly picked up plot points. I'm getting most of what's going on and if I'm still here despite bad translations, the story is just that good
That's the problem. Manga requires you to actually have a good reading of the series as a whole, important plot points, name and shit are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Even if a new group wishes to continue from where the bad TL left off, they'd end up spending more time than they need to to actually understand the story and any nuance it comes with. In the end, it's too stressful and aren't worth the effort at all.

Dex-chan lover
I was enjoying the binge read. But then I saw a change in translators. I tend to read comments before I read the next chapter so I know what I'm getting myself in to. I made the mistake of NOT doing that this time. Making yet another fun read a chore. Also found out why comicdom has so many unfinished/discontinued series.

Maybe its time to see if I can learn how to MTL a manga, and then edit it so it resembles english. considering that its the only language I know, I think I have a shot. My biggest problems are time and my short attention span.
Welp, time for a crash course in doing something I have no talent for...oh gawd

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was enjoying the binge read. But then I saw a change in translators. I tend to read comments before I read the next chapter so I know what I'm getting myself in to. I made the mistake of NOT doing that this time. Making yet another fun read a chore. Also found out why comicdom has so many unfinished/discontinued series.

Maybe its time to see if I can learn how to MTL a manga, and then edit it so it resembles english. considering that its the only language I know, I think I have a shot. My biggest problems are time and my short attention span.
Welp, time for a crash course in doing something I have no talent for...oh gawd
Do you want $30?

Users who are viewing this thread