Inazuma to Romance - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

@Jabable123

OK, so we're both readers, then. My bad. I don't appreciate what you are trying to insinuate, though.
What, is it impossible for me to have opinions as a third party? There has to be some kind of conspiracy to the point that you would use air quotes?

Dear reader @jesusworegucci,

No dear. Its not impossible for you to have opinions as a third party in fact you have your opinion already in display, same as mine. And does it infer to you that using air quotes has something to do with conspiracy? But maybe there is. Quite not sure if I possess the knowledge 🍵 Do I also have the right to quote someone not present here huh?

I am pretty sure the readers are with the side of the rightful ones after reading your essay. We truly appreciate the effort.

PS. You are a very dedicated reader with access to raws and has time to look into translation. May I ask where you get em? I also wanna be as dedicated as you.

I was grinning so bad when i read the girl is a fan of ayase kaede. I hadnt noticed that this is also by Mikimoto Rin. I love how she keeps mentioning ayase

Hi... uh, dear.

No dear. Its not impossible for you to have opinions as a third party in fact you have your opinion already in display, same as mine. And does it infer to you that using air quotes has something to do with conspiracy? But maybe there is. Quite not sure if I possess the knowledge 🍵 Do I also have the right to quote someone not present here huh?

I had to read this multiple times because I honestly wasn't sure what you were trying to say at all, but then I realized that perhaps you think I am the other group, blueberry? If you've decided that firmly in your mind there is no way I can dissuade you of that notion, but I can at least say this isn't the first time I've been frustrated with a group and done this before in MDex comments sections. But hey, maybe you aren't insinuating that. Either way... feel free to quote...? I have no idea who you are talking about, so it's got nothing to do with me at any rate!

PS. You are a very dedicated reader with access to raws and has time to look into translation. May I ask where you get em? I also wanna be as dedicated as you.

Wow, okay lol. Well, I'll just take your question and comments in good faith, since it's honestly less of a hassle that way. Firstly, Amazon Japan exists, and you can buy magazines in Kindle format (https://i.imgur.com/SFd6qnh.jpg) off of that. I'm not sure if you speak Japanese or not, but as a Japanese speaker myself, since I knew which magazine this series was published in, it wasn't hard to type it into the search bar (https://i.imgur.com/Oqs2Jgf.png). I don't imagine this would be very useful to non-Japanese speakers, but on a pleasant note, once v1 comes out, buying a Kindle version in Japanese does boost sales, which further prevents series from potentially getting prematurely canceled. It's a good way to support authors you love and stuff you like, although I don't really think Mikimoto-sensei has anything to worry about at least in regards to axing!

I like both scans, but your translation is much more fluid in my view, so thanks for the hard work and I hope you guys continue, I really liked the beginning of the story! <3

Noppies, I was not thinking that you were part of Blueberry (idk about the readers, maybe they do) @jesusworegucci or even dragging your name with them. The conspiracy is a different part of the story and I will just keep it at that (but its very well known between shoujo scan groups, ooof)

I can at least say this isn't the first time I've been frustrated with a group and done this before in MDex comments sections.

I guess its just your hobby looking into scan projects, reading them and the comments and pointing out things even though you can read on your own cute corner with Kindle. We can't do anything about that. Old habits die hard.

Atleast I can see considerable number people appreciating this scans work when it comes to translation and other scans using the same Eng trans to translate to their own language means they trust the translation, right? Despite corrections from a Japanese speaker.

@Jabable123

(Apologies for the lateness, have been kinda occupied with something IRL, I'm sure you know how it goes!)

The conspiracy is a different part of the story and I will just keep it at that (but its very well known between shoujo scan groups, ooof)
Sorry, I am not part of any shoujo groups, so I honestly wouldn’t know.

I guess its just your hobby looking into scan projects, reading them and the comments and pointing out things even though you can read on your own cute corner with Kindle. We can't do anything about that. Old habits die hard.
Hahahaha, nahhhh. That would be pretty crazy if I had the energy to going around posting comments that often, wouldn’t it? I only do it sparingly when something in particular irritates me. I think the last time was back in 2019? Blessedly, nothing has happened on my follows until this month!

To be honest, I just felt bad for blueberry since their translation is technically more accurate than Lovesick's (but not without its flaws, which makes things kinda hard to comment on optimally, since frankly, both translations suck pretty hard, just for different reasons), but I mistakenly assumed you (a reader) was staff, and that you were trying to (very rudely, in my opinion despite Lovesick's translation having such low accuracy in super embarrassing places) call them out. I mean, I guess you can say you were being nice/neutral, but your comments are all seething with poorly veiled passive aggression. I tried to not respond super directly to that element, though, since people sure like to gaslight in these kinds of situations, and it just doesn't get us anywhere, ya kno?

Ah, yeah. I noticed earlier from reading the series comments that Lovesick had made a second listing... or something after blueberry posted on the main listing? I guess that makes you a pretty dedicated reader, too. Going over to the main listing then trying to pull any comment readers over to their version, eh? xP I'm surprised you even noticed the second listing. I honestly assumed you just linked Lovesick's chapter on the same listing in their comments section.

Atleast I can see considerable number people appreciating this scans work when it comes to translation and other scans using the same Eng trans to translate to their own language means they trust the translation, right? Despite corrections from a Japanese speaker.
To the translation, though. Just because something reads smoother doesn’t make it a good translation, so these comments are pretty moot unless they also happen to know Japanese. And if you (the general you, not you) think a good translation means it just has to read smoothly, then that isn't really translation but you just writing whatever you want to. I do find it very interesting that no one has actually responded directly to my translation comments, though, especially the ones where there is not even a doubt of inaccuracy or a factor of personal preference.

But I’m a little bit tired of talking to a reader who (I presume, but please correct me if wrong) doesn’t know Japanese and thus has no real stake in the discussion of the accuracy or quality of a translation, which is the main thing I’m interested in here, so I’ll probably stop responding from now on. Thanks for the interesting conversation, though.

I will just say: If the translator is satisfied with their translation, then there is nothing I can do, of course. However, I am happy to discuss my comments in any capacity if there is interest in that. (Also if you guys are reading these... I do apologize for mistaking a reader as a staff member; I wouldn't have commented at all had I not, and I certainly wouldn't have felt the need to be so harsh even if I had.)

And if you (the general you, not you) think a good translation means it just has to read smoothly, then that isn't really translation but you just writing whatever you want to.

According to the Communicative approach to translation, meaning must be translated not the language. If you truly want to connect with readers, you want them to get the meaning right? And it takes communicative competence for you to understand that. I guess it also goes with official releases with their translator. By saying that the translator writes whatever they want is truly wrong in so many levels.

To the translation, though. Just because something reads smoother doesn’t make it a good translation, so these comments are pretty moot unless they also happen to know Japanese

Read Eugene Nida's Formal and Dynamic Equivalence (and other authors that have studies with regards to translation. He's just the first one that popped in my mind) to have quite knowledge about circumstances of translation before you disregard opinions from readers. (Sorry if it sounds too nerdy coz it is. I have worked as a translator too (on a different language) and it is required for me to know these things hihihi)

I have my eye on this manga ever since the announcement of Mikimoto-sensei. It's also easy to type on the search bar in Mangadex and read who made the page first before someone edited and uploaded things. Surely, I am a dedicated reader hihihi.

Thank you for resting your case first @jesusworegucci and admitted your presumptions with inadequate evidences. I also wanna advice to read theories and the hows in translations before nitpicking. Trust me it will help as it helped me before in my school and work.

Today, January 26, 2021, I rest my case. (Unless there will be a reply lol)

Love,
Jabable123

Wow I read this version first because I saw there are so many comments and it intrigued me.

I feel that it's very rude to nitpick on the translation of this group. I was able to understand what's happening and for me that doesn't matter if they phrased some words differently from what that person wants. This group exerted effort and time (probably money if they also bought the manga in japanese) so to list and enumerate all the words and phrases you don't like is just spiteful and childish.
If you can read japanese then why not do this project yourself rather than harassing this group. Please get a life.

Users who are viewing this thread