Input Sought, Re: Manga You May or May Not Have Read Before

Dex-chan lover
Hypothetical:

Imagine you're reading a manga.
After ploughing through the first few-to-several chapters, you begin to suspect that you've read it before.
Unfortunately, you can't be certain due to faded cells and the tendency of writers to copy successful formulae.
Note: the manga is okay, but also kind of boring, e.g. Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory.

What do you do in this situation?
Do you mark it "complete" to prevent future confusion? Or skip ahead in search of totally unfamiliar chapters?
Do you close the tab and read something with boobs better? And is it okay to rate it "Fine" just to get it over with?
I had to create a new account recently, and this happens more often than you might think.

Thank you 🥰

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you're not sure whether you've completed it before, and currently you find it too boring, then maybe mark it as Dropped
This is good advice. I've been marking them "Completed", but that's not accurate.
I'm hesitant to use the "Dropped" tag for series I don't actively hate. Which makes no sense.
Were I more willing to drop okay-ish mids, I might get around to my "Plan to Read" list.
You know, some day. Maybe...

Dex-chan lover
I just drop the shit and move on. There are too many manga waiting for me out there, can't waste time.

Users who are viewing this thread