Insomniacs After School - Vol. 13 Ch. 116 - Promise Star

I'm glad the author and probably his editor decided on not gutting people with the suspense for the next volume.

The main worry is more about whether she'll recover in time for the exams more than whether she comes out of the surgery intact, at least. And that one page of everyone being worried together helps with not automatically killing the suspense.

Also the scene with them going through paces only to end with them laying besides one another to peacefully sleep is amazing. Love it to bits.

Big thanks for the TL!
I think at this point in the manga it seems clear that the tension in the series is not so much about Isaki's fate, but how she and Ganta would navigate their relationship at this crossroad in their life.

Dex-chan lover
i don't think that there are really any death flags being shown here. i feel that all of this is just to emphasize that this is something that she's always going to have to deal with at the most inopportune times, as is the unfortunate reality of chronic health conditions. but she and ganta are definitely going to push through it no matter what.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be honest kinda surprised sleepyhead scans is still continuing the translation despite viz releasing the entire series and doing its own translations. Regardless of that, thank you for the chapters and I hope you're enjoying translating these for us

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!

This manga is such a gem, it's always a pleasure when a new volume drops despite the danger of having my stone cold heart ripped apart by what is looming behind every chapter... :cry:

those last two pages were really sweet. I can finally watch the anime now that it’s all out.

thank u for the translation

Dex-chan lover
So, for the manga reader, what chapter to continue from the anime ending?

So, for the manga reader, what chapter to continue from the anime ending?
If you're asking when the anime ends, it's roughly around 55. It's worth starting from 1 though, as there are a handful of skipped things (though not many) and the art is great.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the prime work, as always! This author is so good at writing the up and down nuances of life. There's an article on ANN today that there are only two chapters left. I'm going to miss everyone a lot.

I am so glad I found this story. And although I know what is to come in the future and I hate, usually the mangas like these are so much more meaningful and stick to me.

Aggregator gang
I'm glad I picked this up again. Such a great story with great visuals also. I can't wait for the finale to be uploaded here.

Users who are viewing this thread