Internet Explorer - Ch. 69 - The Apple & The Fox

Fed-Kun's army
@PocketSand2020 for me its speed

for quite a while i had as much as 6 browsers at the same time (cuz i needed it for an onine game) and the speed diffrence between chrome and firefox was quite noticable

Dex-chan lover
@pocketsand2020 well, the one real advantage is if everyone uses it, you are less likely to run into exotic hickups. For example at one time dell support chat didnt work on firefox, only chrome. For this reason i use chromium(what chrome is based on that has no google stuff) to surf, and firefox for all my secure stuff.

On mobile i use firefox

@bluedudu why would you need to do that? You can just use multiple profiles in 1 browser.

Dex-chan lover
Still on Firefox after 15 years, much satisfaction, no regrets, and very thankful they didn't get absorbed into the Chromium homogeneity like everyone else

Dex-chan lover
So many mistakes have been made since the early 2010s... I also don't believe Firefox will be around for long, except maybe as an empty shell to house blink (or maybe webkit, which would make this chapter even more sinister).

Dex-chan lover
I use chrome when I need to translate a whole webpage, firefox for everything else...

Supporter
Been using Firefox since shortly after it came out. Once they ironed out the worst of the memory leak issues many years ago, it's been great. Vastly prefer it over Chrome. I have to use Chrome for work, and I really don't like it.

I know Firefox likely won't survive a whole lot longer, but I'll keep using it as long as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread