Internet Explorer: Chapters won't load :not a bug: because nothing loads on IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site in general works just fine, but chapters won't load anymore, just a spinning circle for the pages.
Everything worked before the newest update 2? days ago.
The legacy reader as a work around isn't there anymore either.

IE 11 on Win10
Adblocker is disabled, no other addons.

Contributor
g3EnAXD.png

Internet Explorer only has one use (That includes the IE 2.0, Microsoft Edge), and thats to download another browser, then disable itself.

@BraveDude8
Well everything was working fine until a few days ago, so it's something recent and probably not hard to fix... or you could simply add the legacy reader back.
I would really hate to have to move to another site again, as mangadex is rather good except for that problem now.

legacy reader will never come back. It had been on a ventilator and other machines for 2 years in its plague ridden state. (Legacy Reader is the cause of COVID!)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Tripple-A Clear site data/cache, see if it fixes it.
If it doesn't - we don't support obsolete browsers. Why are you using IE?

@BraveDude8
Tried it again, but of course didn't change anything.
What's the main reason for using a particular browser anyway? Mainly it's which one you want to use and I want to use IE, it was always my favorite and I simply don't want to switch, and as long as sites support it, it works good enough and doesn't eat a shit ton of RAM like Chrome. It's pretty annoying that I have to use another browser from time to time, but I do my general surfing still with IE and I tend to do so for as long as possible, sometimes even switching sites because of it.
Also IE-chan best browser girl :p
https://mangadex.org/title/30123/internet-explorer

Group Leader
@Tripple-A posted:
... and doesn't eat a shit ton of RAM like Chrome.
Try this
Opera GX, the browser of gamers ...
https://www.opera.com/gx#ram-cpu-limiters
They're pretty confident with their RAM-CPU limiter capabilities.

I'm using GChrome, though. My old lad potato Windows 7 of 2GHz Core2Duo with 2 gigs + (recently bought) 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM and 8 gigs of virtual memory paging on drive C of 250 HDD, works fine with the latest Chrome (with 15 running extensions), Photoshop CC (Portable (pirated)), MusicBee, and VLC simultaneously.

I'm assuming your thing is higher than mine since you're using Windows 10. So, please, it doesn't hurt to move on from IE. Not forcing you, though. We all got preference, or so I've heard.

EDIT 4:
p.s. One of those 15 extensions is Grammar and Spell Checker. Blame that if you think my English suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread