Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 75

Dex-chan lover
Personally, i think this kind of ending is just pointless. Even if was axed the author chose to end as random as possible. A very intense ride for sure but it literally went nowhere. It started well, was fun, some interesting characters and all. But then became so random and new characters kept appearing and felt like was all a big improvised mess.
Overall... what a waste of story and characters.

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate all the work you put in on this one. That being said... I lost the plot dozens of chapters ago if there was one. Utterly confused at the last chapters of this lmao

Dex-chan lover
Glad I saw it through to the end. Thanks for translating.

Holding hands (I think) and running off into the sunset to name their kid/puppy isn't a bad way to end given how random and directionless things had been.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for finishing this.

It seems like this chapter wasn't planned to be the ending, and Ookami was being set up to further meddle, and the handholding/walking off panel was just slapped in. I wonder how much advance notice there was to end the series.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been reading this since 2018 and I'm just disappointed. Is what it is tho. Too many mangas end in similar fashion

Dex-chan lover
...i guess some plotlines did properly get to end, and there was cute stuff for a decent part of the weird mine cart trip the ending was.

Not sure I can be more positive than that, because even if I appreciated the weird parts that were introduced, they just flowed...so absolutely horribly between them by the end.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
"Ah, sorry, there's no more panels left on this page to hear you out" sadly describes the fate of the manga as a whole; there were hints of plotlines (including about characters only tangentially related to the main duo), but in the interests of making jokes, we only got hints of character development per character is it jumped from relationship to relationship.
The series felt like it couldn't quite decide if it wanted to be slice-of-life gag or story driven, and in the end, spent far too many precious chapters drifting directionless. :(

Dex-chan lover
Well even if Nekoyama and Inugami didn't get together I'm sure all of us who sat through the bait and the boring side stories will never forget the extra spicy and extra juicy chapter where Nekoyama got drunk on catnip :smugchisato:
(chapter 11 btw)

Dex-chan lover
I swear to god with series like this. It's always the side pairs that get together and the main pair never have shit past the early chapters. I like side progression, but only when the main pair have actual stuff happening.

The series felt like it couldn't quite decide if it wanted to be slice-of-life gag or story driven

I was waiting for ANYTHING of import to happen to or between the literal namesakes of the manga. Slowly but surely, the end of the manga crept up and I just kept thinking "Maybe something will happen soon... they have been skirting the line for a short while, but haven't committed any actual plot progression for Inugami and Nekoyama"

Alas, we end up with a nothing burger of like 50 chapters after the "story" (if you could call it that). At least stuff like HoriMiya had shit happen. It just got super slow after like 45 chapters there.

Users who are viewing this thread