Invalid chapter skip [Not a bug]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
The reader will go from https://mangadex.org/chapter/82926d51-5057-45cd-97e3-f096f9f92f43 (52.2) to https://mangadex.org/chapter/5117a907-5248-42e6-a5ea-d5cf74820a10 (51) despite the chapter number going down, and spawning this warning:
IMG_7882.png

My belief is that Chapter 52.2 is part of a volume but 51 isn’t.

Power Uploader
My belief is that Chapter 52.2 is part of a volume but 51 isn’t.
Yes, that is it. But I don't see how this is a bug, That chapter 51 was placed in no volume (as it should be) while 52.2 was placed in volume 7 which doesn't exist yet, The chapter order is meant to go from all the chapters in the volumes in order and then continue to No Volume Chapters. This is just a case of wrong volume allocation. This can be fixed easily by a mod, just make a report correcting where the chapters are suppose to go next time and a mod will fix it.

In this case being;
Volume 6: Chapters 37-46
No Volume: Chapters 47-52.2
Source : Bookwalker Vol.6 Table of Contents Page (pg4)

You should write this in the following preferred format in your report

6:37-46
:47-52.2 (Space for No Volume Chapters)

I have already made one for this case and should be fixed whenever a mod goes through it.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, that is it. But I don't see how this is a bug, That chapter 51 was placed in no volume (as it should be) while 52.2 was placed in volume 7 which doesn't exist yet, The chapter order is meant to go from all the chapters in the volumes in order and then continue to No Volume Chapters. This is just a case of wrong volume allocation. This can be fixed easily by a mod, just make a report correcting where the chapters are suppose to go next time and a mod will fix it.

In this case being;
Volume 6: Chapters 37-46
No Volume: Chapters 47-52.2
Source : Bookwalker Vol.6 Table of Contents Page (pg4)

You should write this in the following preferred format in your report

6:37-46
:47-52.2 (Space for No Volume Chapters)

I have already made one for this case and should be fixed whenever a mod goes through it.
I don’t think the reader should go down in chapter number unless it’s the special case of the manga having a one shot chapter (no chapter number).

Power Uploader
I don’t think the reader should go down in chapter number unless it’s the special case of the manga having a one shot chapter (no chapter number).
It only does so because the volumes - chapters weren't marked correctly as I explained previously, The reader is functioning correctly.

Besides Oneshots, there are also cases where a chapter or two just haven't get into a volume even though the chapters that come after it might have been, as mangadex tries to follow the official raw numbering, there might be cases where you jump to a chapter lower number because of it, can't think of any examples off the top of my head though.

Contributor
Except that there are series that have their chapter numbers reset every volume. Anthologies also commonly do this.

Edit: also take a look at what Tonikaku Kawaii does with is chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread