Iron Ladies - Ch. 231 - Mu Xiao Pao

@XL We can read actual history any time we want. Even that has many different versions depending on who noted it down. Why do we need the exact same thing in a fictional story as well?

Fed-Kun's army
@armaani15

Mostly because westerners (particularly Americans) get superlatively triggered by hearing Aryan racial pseudo-history that was used to justify some of the largest-scale atrocities (concentration/death camps, eugenics, racial discrimination/sterilization, etc.) within the past ~150 years in the parts of the world we're familiar with the history of, and it's still kind of a live topic to a certain degree here, and everything about the whole Aryan thing this comic's been pulling is so far out of line with even the most widely-accepted theories that the author might as well just have used a different or made-up name for the group.

Doesn't really need to be accurate, but it'd be nice if it wasn't inaccurate and using the name of a group that's claimed some of these things as a justification for doing some awful stuff in recent memory. I mean, I'd be just laughing my head off if these 'history lessons' were about how the ancient Mesopotamian / Fertile Crescent peoples were obviously chosen by the gods (because they hit the agricultural revolution before most other prehistoric groups) or the Proto-Austronesian speaking groups were (since they made it to at least three continents), or something, because it's been a while since I heard about anyone using that justification for mass murder.

At this point, I'm just laughing because it's obviously gotten ridiculous, and the author's not making any real commentary (or pretending to), but I think that's why these 'lessons' got a lot of people's hackles up.

Yay, the story is finally showing us more of what three legged crow is up to. And damn the main cannons can change gender? That's awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread