Iron Ladies - Ch. 337

Grabe naman yung final words kala mo mamatay na
HAHAHAHHAHA
Thankyouuu happy new year

Power Uploader
@Vynx
I do have the translated lines for this chapter if you want to fix some of the messed up bits: https://pastebin.com/ptrvQqWT

Seems like the Spanish version still isn't quite up there.

Dex-chan lover
There's a few typos here and there but I enjoyed the chapter. Thank you for your work.

Group Leader
@Vynx
Overall it sounds like it flows really well, good work! I like the font choice this time too, it looks good.

Being such a bro, Allen has provided a great comparison with his translation just below. But since Allen won't always be in the comments for each chapter, it's nice to see how your translation compares. In general: quite well, all things considered! I would say the majority of your translation provides the same context as to what is going on. I, at least, consider that perfectly okay for this manhua. Of course, some sections did go down the wrong path, like Ouye Li and the alchemist's talk about planet Davarigrad being a potential resource for all angels, and also Ara~Ara Hamster's declaration of war on people stealing Walnutia's resources.
But some of your sections actually flowed better in comparison I thought, so keep it up! Thanks for the scanlation.

Power Uploader
@Altaki
All the grammar, spelling, and sentence flow can easily be fixed with more better proofreading. I think their major problem is the fact that they're translating from the Spanish version. They're already at the mercy of the Spanish scanlation team the moment they start translating. Pretty much every single translation error that deviated from the actual meaning are sentences that the Spanish team made up. If the Spanish team literally makes up 2/3 of the chapter like Ch. 334, then no amount of proofreading is enough to fix the errors. There's only so much proofreading can do.

Group Leader
@allenallenallen333 yea this chapter was pretty hard to translate due to a lot of mistranslation. and as this is honestly my first time doing something like this I'm still getting used to everything. English had always been my worst subject. Also now looking at your script, some of the "mistranslations" are actually happening on my end but changing some of the wording our translator made. Mainly due to my ignorance of not knowing what something was, for example, Davarigrad, which was mention in the original translation but since I didn't know what it was, which was more than likely due to me forgetting so in the result of that I ended up removing it and rewording the sentence. Moving forward I might have to go back a few chapters and just re-read to see if X word has been mentioned before. Maybe I am getting the position "proofreader" incorrect here and should just typeset whole looking for someone else to proofread that could possibly know flow better than I. I also need to start writing down names with short character descriptions because I forget some of the names and never really knew what Golden Hamster's name was, which again was in the original Spanish translation, until @Altaki mentioned it in the comment below yours. I never really understood how hard it was to completely translate a chapter until deciding to do this small little project haha and for that props to all the TL groups out there. Also, @Altaki thank you for the kind words! I was provided with a very good typesetting guide from @Sonorian, again thanks for providing the guide! Overall there were even some text bubbles that were left completely blank, so with the surrounding context, we had to make some stuff up. I'll make the corrections provided by Allen and re-upload the chapter. I guess the downside is the Spanish translation only goes to around chapter 365 so after that, it will be another pause until someone else, with hopefully a better translation, picks it up again.

Group Leader
Ah yeah, I forgot these scripts are third-hand translations.
I usually proofread other people's scripts by MTL'ing the original, but not everyone has the time to do such a thing of course...

Nevertheless, I still appreciate the level of translation provided in this chapter; devoid of native translations.

Bravo, this time the translation actually makes sense. Not saying it's correct - I don't speak chinese - but at least there's almost no obvious errors or mismatches.
Still a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes though. Leaving out the punctuation (since I'm not completely sure on that either):
pg 2:
"The 8 nations wanted to colonize us, but now we can't" -> either "The 8 nations wanted to colonize us, but now they can't" or (better "We wanted the 8 nations to colonize us, but now they no longer will"
"our opportunity of being colonized" -> "our chance to be colonized"
pg 4:
"immegration" -> "immigration"
pg 5:
"now everyone has a visa" -> "now all of them have visa"
pg 6:
"if they don't wish to stay" -> "when they don't wish to stay"
pg 7:
"execpt" -> "except"
"fallen" -> "been killed". "fallen" would imply they're talking about their own soldiers rather than enemies.
pg 8:
"For what the daxia fleet lacks" -> either "for all the daxia fleets lack" (implying that pillaging is a perk of being in those fleets - probably not what the original said) or "with what the daxia fleets lack" (implying that this is a chance to get what they lack as spoils of war)
pg 10:
"it can be considered as help for beiyang" sounds weird. "Consider this a favor to beiyang" would be better.
The way the last panel is constantly saying "Walnutia" is weird. I'd cut out "of Walnutia" at the end. That it's about walnutia is obvious by context already.
pg 11:
"gass" -> "gas"
"super energy" -> "super energetic" / "highly energetic"
"not as good as the energy near the floor": doesn't make sense. Could be either "not as good as [the gas] near the floor" or something like "not as energetic as near the floor"
"more highly efficient" -> either "more efficient" (than gas from near the floor) or "highly efficient"
pg 12:
second panel is completely weird. I guess it should be something like "The metal infused with the red gases' energy naturally forms into patterned iron", but that's pure guesswork.
"red and holy blood" -> "red gas and holy blood" or "red energy and holy blood". Gas sounds better, but knowing how the Chinese write, I guess the original says energy.
pg 13:
"solving the lack of blood issue for the dragon empress" -> "solving the dragon empresses' issue with lack of blood" or, even better, "solving the dragon empresses' lack of blood" or perhaps even "solving the dragon empresses' anemia"
"she can possibly even be upgraded" -> "who can possibly even be upgraded" (since the subject is defined in the first half of the sentence)
"there hasn't been any of places like this" -> "there haven't been any other places like this", though "like no other place" or "like nowhere else" would sound better
pg 14
"develeped" -> "developed"
"top ten most richest" -> "ten most richest"
"It probably would" -> "it probably will". Though if Mu is planning to hide the existence of the energy derived from the gas, "would" would be correct, as it implies that there'll be a reason why it won't cause confusion.
pg 15
"irracional" -> "irrational". Or "crazy", as irrational is insulting and not something you'd normally say about yourself.
"bring on any regulation" sounds weird. "bring it on" would sound right, but has different meaning as it's not restricted to regulations (=laws), but rather suggests violence.
"No need of being so analytical" -> "no need to be so analytical" or "no need for being so analytical" (slightly more formal).

You should probably look for a proofreader. Or at least use a program with English spellcheck to avoid the typos.

Users who are viewing this thread