Iron Ladies - Ch. 339

Thank you for the translation.

@valk_72 the translation actually isn't bad, it is just that there are a lot of terms and names that would be unfamiliar to English audiences. I am defiantly not the best at this , but Jushi may be referring to Li Bai who was also known as Li Bo. Li Bo was a famous poet. There was no way for English readers to exactly know who that is or all the references to him. Though it probably would have been better to refer to him as Li Bo or Li Bai, the original may have used Jushi since that was his art name. So I don't blame the translators for the confusion of the chapters, it is just there is a lot of terminology that is confusing for Western Readers. It is probably really difficult for them to translate these kinds of chapters. So I appreciate that they try and they are doing far better then some other translators would be able to do.

So to the translators of this chapter. Thank you so much for translating this series. Not everyone may know how difficult this series is to translate, but I appreciate your hard work and hope that you continue.

Group Leader
@Ri_Lilium thank you for the kind words! Some chapters are going to be harder to translate than others due to the fact that this is basically getting translated twice so there is, at times, a lot of improvising and just trying to make sentences make sense, even though there were spelling errors and small-phrase errors I completely missed due to not paying attention, and also thanks a lot for clarifying what Jushi was! I, and probably the whole team as well, wasn't sure what Jushi was, but your clear explanation is wonderful and it's making me want to do some research, which I am terrible at haha, on some of the unusual words that come up in case they are in some way linked to Chinese literature in some way. Anyway thanks again for the kind words!

Group Leader
Feels like Jushi should be 'Donor', 'it's lord' should be 'master', Buda should be 'Buddha' and so on, but overall still a readable chapter.
Keep up the good work!

It's not that the translation was bad, it's that these pages make little sense in relation to the last chapter

Power Uploader
@Vynx
Quite a lot of mistakes here.

Yu Dujin isn't a thing. He's talking about the Yudu Nursing Home shown in Ch. 260.
The old man said he trained Eight-Headed Serpent, not defeated her.

The dialogue should be something like this:
"Both of our disciples are great generals."
"I trained Eight-Headed Serpent, and you..."
"Broken Cripple,"
"Beiyang's number one instructor,"
"Trained Ding Yuan the Iron Pagoda."

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt...confusing. I'm can't tell if it's partly because of translation or story.

@Ri_Lilium thanks for your comment! i added an new entry for "Qinglian Jushi (Li Bai)" in our Glosary in case we ever encounter it again.
@allenallenallen333 Thank you for the correction! i really appreciate it. We had a very hard time with those lines and finally they make sense :)

Aggregator gang
Double translation? Well there's your problem... The meanings will be lost if you double translate, unless you understand all three languages involved, but that is not the case here, so I highly doubt you will make a lot of people happy with this version. It was very hard to understand this chapter, I was squinting and re-reading bubbles trying to figure out what the hell was being said there. You really need a Chinese translator big time and one that speaks English properly at that, cuz this series is not one where google tl can be of much use...

Group Leader
@allenallenallen333 Thank you for the clarification, as @shaotic said we had a weird time translating that page and your explanation makes it a lot more sense than what was currently said.

Users who are viewing this thread