Iron Ladies

Group Leader
I'm surprised people can stand reading this drivel, let alone translating 200 chapters of it.

I love how everyone has seen Mu Siyun, but no one can recognize him when he is infront of them...

@Rysten
It's gotta be the hoodie.

It's such a common hoodie no one can equate it to his Incredibly Flashy Fleet Admiral Uniform.

That, or he has a natural knack for making people around him fail all the spot checks.

@Bored_pray It's generic power fantasy, but the world building is interesting. You know the heroes will never really lose, the fun part is seeing how he's going to win, and how flashy it's going to be. It's almost like a space soap.

Aggregator gang
@Bored_Pray I came for the hot girls. I stayed for Three Kingdoms Wuxia Shenanigans IN SPAAAAAAACEEEEEE!

Really, you've got to judge this by wuxia/xianxia standards. In terms of that, it's a thousand times better than eating pills and meditating until you can cripple your rival's cultivation. It slams internet/livestream culture and a thinly-veiled critique of China's government and social norms into a waifu-coated shell wrapped around a second coating of space opera, and it's fucking great, even though you know the MC's going to 100% win every time.

I'd say it's my guilty pleasure, except I don't feel any guilt. This thing is just awesome, despite the sloppy writing and the overpowered MC. The side characters are incredibly fun (the alcoholic Golden Hamster in particular), the punny names (thanks @allenallenallen333 for translating them) are hilarious, and the whole thing is just a romp that stands on its own two feet, barely kept erect by the skeleton of a consistent and overarching universe the author seems to have in mind but never really explains.

There is still a mystery here remember at the beginning where ding yuan was shocked about mu being fleet admiral, the order was from the higher ups but i mean why him? Maybe his parents? Or relatives? In the higher ups?? Mu was also shocked so I've been thinking about it

Group Leader
@EaterOfBooks
I mean, Wuxia are trash too, but a different type of trash. This manga's basically got he plot attention span of, like 5 panels; anything that happened longer ago than that no longer has any bearing on what's going on. Author basically writes like he's on LSD, everything contrived without any consistency or backdrop. On the contrary, every event retcons an older one, making each chapter successively stupider than the last.

@Cyoteblack
U too m8

@Prince-kun
Eh, they actually touched on that.

It's definitely not his family, he's confirmed as being from a Standard Low-to-Middle-Class family.

It's pretty much the Core Elders responsible for starting things. Mu Suyin signed up on a whim, but when they looked at his background, he basically was one of the top political science students at Daxia University (Professor Wang admits he was a good kid and never lost any debates in his class, even if he said his actions were basically too naive and not realpolitik enough after becoming an Admiral) and had spent at least a bit of time trying to help the less fortunate out (he was an advocate for a bunch of poor indentured workers and tried to get them their pay or at least passage home) only to fail because he didn't have any power to make people listen to him.

So, the Core Elders took a look at his application, found an idealistic young man who was attempting to live up to principles, then figured 'hell, let's give him some actual power, Daxia is getting way too stagnant'. I thiiiiink that's why Ding Yuan and Himiko both showed up to recruit him when he sent his application off. Both of those fleets needed new Admirals at the time (Dragon Slayer Alliance has apparently been planning their shenanigans for at least two decades at this point, so there's a reason the Daxia Fleets were running through Admirals quite quickly. Kunlun avoided that because, well, good luck killing a Heaven-tier Angel with the strongest defensive materials), so the Elders sent it to both of them.

Keep in mind, the major Daxia fleets tend to be noted to be 'peasant' fleets, so they don't tend to have a lot of members with higher educations. The rank-and-file Angels tend to join up because it's 'risk life as Angel or starve' and Beiyang's fleet in particular seems to have an infestation of Idle Rich 2nd Genners coasting off ancestral achievements and massive corruption among a number of Planetary Lords. Three-Legged Crow has less of the innate corruption so far, but was smashed hard enough after the God-Slaying War that Ditu apparently basically put them firmly under their thumb which is pretty troublesome. Kunlun's the strongest of the three, but also seems to be mostly defensively oriented, so it seems to do less conquering and resource acquisition than the other two major fleets.

Mind you, Mu Suyin avoiding assassination via Holy Blood by having a strong enough will to overpower the ancient Elder Race Dragon at the bottom of the pool trying to body snatching and body-snatching them instead, allowing him to break through to Soul-Tier, wasn't really in anyone's calculations, but the Core Elders are rolling with it and taking full advantage of him both cleaning house and being a massive obstacle to Dragon Slayer Alliance.

It lets them catch up on their Mahjong!

Good luck with that interview outcome Allen.

And thanks for keeping it up with translation.

😂fleet admiral mu is on your back..😎
Better beg for mercy or get ready for heaven defying evil dragon judgement...!!!

Thanks Allen we appreciate it..😘

Double-page supporter
basicly goldenhamster

1531114f8993d11ef086e7b1f24175d2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread