Is having catgirl pets okay?

Contributor
It's not that deep. Sapient beings are owed freedom and liberty. Owning cat-girls, no matter how cute it sounds, would have no legitimate legal precedent, and is tantamount to slavery.

Fed-Kun's army
The problem with owning catgirls as you describe is the same problem that plagues the ethics of AI, uplifted species, and everything else of that nature:

You are creating/acquiring a species as similar as possible to a human while having just enough differences that you can use fraudulent sophistry to justify your enslavement/ownership of it. Needless to say, morally gross and societally intolerable (at least if you're using any reasonably humane country as your baseline for "society").

They are probably too similar to humans and society would have issues with it.
@Raycu It's the ideal we strive to but somehow there are still places in the world where you can become a slave(for example Oman) and there are cultures that treats woman and children as objects you own.
I would say that half of the world would have no issues with it while the other half would consider it immoral and barbaric.

Dex-chan lover
Here’s something, typically when people say catgirls they mean a humanoid species that is genetically similar to humans.

Albeit small differing factors such as a prehensile tail, ears on top of the skull, and exaggerated feline behavior.

Now would it be an issue if the “cat girls” were more bestial in appearance? As in they would be more animal-like but have more anthropomorphic features. Then I could see it being more of a issue.

Contributor
@Xzayer catgirls don't have prehensile tails, or if they're truly catlike they shouldn't be. Cats can't grasp things with their tails after all.

Dex-chan lover
@Raycu

Your correct about the tail. I made an assumption due to thinking that the tail might work in a different fashion.

Dex-chan lover
@LowSanity
I would say that half of the world would have no issues with it while the other half would consider it immoral and barbaric.

The other half of the world condemning them would still like to possess them, though.

Dex-chan lover
It entirely depends on how they're produced.

If they're just made like normal people who are just genetically modified to have cat ears, different eyes, tails, etc. then it would be an issue if they are capable of the same mental faculaties

If they have the mental capability of a cat, same behaviors of a cat, and just have human aesthetics, then it would be fine.

If it's just a glorified sexdoll, it would probably also be fine but I'd judge you silently.

Dex-chan lover
A few hundred years from having cat girls. We will have #CGLM

Dex-chan lover
depends on their level of sentience/self awareness and how often they're part of a scandal/major case of domestic abuse. also its a matter of time if they're like a "naturally occuring species" as opposed to a genetic mutation (as in the latter case, they're already considered human)

Users who are viewing this thread